• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Today contained a winning concert, some winning snacks afterwards, a winning TV show and now a winning post.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some of us win. Some, well, don't

c720d47599691e0b03f81b50f50dcd40.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Number 6 wins against Number 2 !
th

How many nerds know this reference!?
"The Prisoner" - I am not a number, I am a free man. (laughter). Rover will get you. Also Rover appeared in a Simpson's episode about the Movementarians "The Joy of Sect" when Marge runs through a field to escape the cult.

Nerd am I. Big nerd.

Bonus nerd points if you can make a cogent argument for the Prisoner being a political satire rather than a psychological exploration.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is a spoiler video if you ever intend to watch the series which I recommend. But it shows the power of the Village and the use of that feared tool of control - Rover. I also recommend visiting Portmeirion where the Prisoner was filmed - it was fun seeing how the video managed to use buildings but ignore other features. My wife enjoyed looking at the china which they sell there.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
"The Prisoner" - I am not a number, I am a free man. (laughter). Rover will get you. Also Rover appeared in a Simpson's episode about the Movementarians "The Joy of Sect" when Marge runs through a field to escape the cult.

Nerd am I. Big nerd.

Bonus nerd points if you can make a cogent argument for the Prisoner being a political satire rather than a psychological exploration.
I always thought it was both