• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was pretty tired after work today, so I stopped by Church's Chicken for dinner.

I don't know why they call it Church's Chicken. There wasn't really anything religious about it. I suppose their regional headquarters is called Cathedral's Chicken. In some countries, it might be called Mosque's Chicken. Or they might have specialty stores, such as the Church's of the Holy Sepulchre Chicken.
I wonder if it would be a trademark violation to start a Churchy Chicken restaurant? Churchy is not the same word as Church, because Church is probably just the last name of someone. Churchy is an adjective, right? Theoretically you could start a Churchy Chicken restaurant without confusing anybody. You might have a little cartoon mascot preacher chicken in a suit and tie, too; and his name would be Churchy.

How about a Robot Chicken restaurant then?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I have a strange craving for coffee this morning....... had it all morning....even while drinking my morning cup of tea

71MRYPX1ORL._SX425_.jpg

No matter, I win just the same

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder if it would be a trademark violation to start a Churchy Chicken restaurant? Churchy is not the same word as Church, because Church is probably just the last name of someone. Churchy is an adjective, right? Theoretically you could start a Churchy Chicken restaurant without confusing anybody. You might have a little cartoon mascot preacher chicken in a suit and tie, too; and his name would be Churchy.

How about a Robot Chicken restaurant then?

Well, it might be, I'm not sure. Wasn't there a case many years ago where some guy whose surname was "McDonald" and wanted to start up a place called "McDonald's Restaurant"? Maybe I'm misremembering it, but it was something like that.

There's another place called "Pollo Feliz," which translates as "Happy Chicken." But how happy could the chicken possibly be?

Daemon Sophic

Well, it might be, I'm not sure. Wasn't there a case many years ago where some guy whose surname was "McDonald" and wanted to start up a place called "McDonald's Restaurant"? Maybe I'm misremembering it, but it was something like that.

There's another place called "Pollo Feliz," which translates as "Happy Chicken." But how happy could the chicken possibly be?
Maybe they only sold burgers and fries. Or just vegan dishes.