• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Wanton soup? Only a bear would slurp wanton soup.

And the rice is all steamed up. Well, I'd be steamed if a bear was being filled with wantonness in my presence.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Winning by not posting what I was thinking in this thread

Why has "Heathen" become such an ugly word?

I was thinking, and so very much wanted to post...."It has become ugly by association with @Revoltingest....the lazy fetid heathen"

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I was thinking, and so very much wanted to post...."It has become ugly by association with @Revoltingest....the lazy fetid heathen"
He's not really lazy. He likes to play with big toys. That says something.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner

Despite the real Heathens/vikings being overall some pretty nasty people, you hear people crying if they have a Nazi in the family, but not over having some Viking who raped their 20-th-ish great grandmother if she lived on the British Isles or anywhere in Western/Central Europe and beyond near a body of water they had access to. Nor Genghis Khan, even though he apparently was something of a overly active "super rapist" with tons of descendants here and there today.

Wu Wei

Despite the real Heathens/vikings being overall some pretty nasty people, you hear people crying if they have a Nazi in the family, but not over having some Viking who raped their 20-th-ish great grandmother if she lived on the British Isles or anywhere in Western/Central Europe and beyond near a body of water they had access to. Nor Genghis Khan, even though he apparently was something of a overly active "super rapist" with tons of descendants here and there today.

And yet, as a ruler, Genghis was EXTREMELY tolerant of all races and religions...just shouldn't get on his bad side when he showed up to take over. Also not sure he was a super rapist as much as he was a believer in hardcore bigamy. Although I would not go as far as to say he was not guilty of rape. And in the case of the Vikings it would be more like great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandmother

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
And yet, as a ruler, Genghis was EXTREMELY tolerant of all races and religions...just shouldn't get on his bad side when he showed up to take over.
Yeah. Post-him taking over from what I've studied the stories of his rule just are not real, as he seems one of the more tolerant and "progressive" leaders in history, even for women. But, mostly definitely, do heed that "shouldn't get on his bad side" warning. His rule wasn't perfect, of course, but if you had to live under any warlord in history he certainly wouldn't be that bad compared to the rest.

Wu Wei

Yeah. Post-him taking over from what I've studied the stories of his rule just are not real, as he seems one of the more tolerant and "progressive" leaders in history, even for women. But, mostly definitely, do heed that "shouldn't get on his bad side" warning. His rule wasn't perfect, of course, but if you had to live under any warlord in history he certainly wouldn't be that bad compared to the rest.

Speaking of Mongolian women....look up Khutulun...great-great-granddaughter of Genghis Khan