• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Too hot to dance tonight. Reading is more my speed:

202708702_935974470519398_8455601713783785101_n.jpg
I love a good book.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I need to get back to reading his series. I had to take break after binge-reading several books. I might even write that I OD'ed on them but that might cause the wrath of @Revoltingest based on his recent thread.

I have read them all, some more than once

Here is a hint that can prevent a marriage collapsing, don't read them in bed while your partner is sleeping.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I got to the point where I started thinking "not these characters again" so stopped for a while to let my character over-familiarity fade.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I got to the point where I started thinking "not these characters again" so stopped for a while to let my character over-familiarity fade.

Some characters turn up in several books, i think that's part of the charm of the series. Ive grown to love Sam Vimes, Rincewind, Death, the witches, and of course Tiffany Aching ..

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some characters turn up in several books, i think that's part of the charm of the series. Ive grown to love Sam Vimes, Rincewind, Death, the witches, and of course Tiffany Aching ..
I like Death. But my favorite was what so far is unique "Going Postal" which is the first one I read.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I like Death. But my favorite was what so far is unique "Going Postal" which is the first one I read.

Moist Is is a second book, Making Money.

The first i read was The Colour of Magic,. It's the first book i ever read, taught me not only how to read but reading is fun. It got me addicted to books

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Black bear on the loose after escape from New York refuge - UPI.com

206227421_4749530821730420_317918361168264634_n.jpg

June 25 (UPI) -- A wildlife refuge in New York is asking the public to keep a lookout for a "completely harmless" black bear that tunneled out of her enclosure.

The Adirondack Wildlife Refuge in Wilmington said in a Facebook post that the 4 1/2-year-old black bear, named Ahote, escaped Thursday morning by digging her way out of her enclosure.

The refuge said the bear is "completely harmless," but asked members of the public not to attempt to approach the animal, as she would be likely to flee from strangers.

The post said officials are concerned someone might panic and shoot the bear.

Ahote and Luvey, the other black bear sow in residence at the facility, previously escaped in 2019 and were at large for two weeks before being captured.

The refuge's state and federal permits were revoked in 2020 after environmental officials determined there were multiple violations of state and federal laws governing such facilities.