• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
OGC.1aacb6bf7080bced523ce4d73232e986

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Monty Python and the Holy Hand Grenade

From 2005, a bit obsolete but even more true today:

A message from the Unitarian Jihad

Greetings to the Imprisoned Citizens of the United States. We are Unitarian Jihad. There is only God, unless there is more than one God. The vote of our God subcommittee is 10-8 in favor of one God, with two abstentions. Brother Flaming Sword of Moderation noted the possibility of there being no God at all, and his objection was noted with love by the secretary.

Greetings to the Imprisoned Citizens of the United States! Too long has your attention been waylaid by the bright baubles of extremist thought. Too long have fundamentalist yahoos of all religions (except Buddhism -- 14-5 vote, no abstentions, fundamentalism subcommittee) made your head hurt. Too long have you been buffeted by angry people who think that God talks to them. You have a right to your moderation! You have the power to be calm! We will use the IED of truth to explode the SUV of dogmatic expression!
We are Unitarian Jihad. We are everywhere. We have not been born again, nor have we sworn a blood oath. We do not think that God cares what we read, what we eat or whom we sleep with. Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity notes for the record that he does not have a moral code but is nevertheless a good person, and Unexalted Leader Garrote of Forgiveness stipulates that Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity is a good person, and this is to be reflected in the minutes.

Beware! Unless you people shut up and begin acting like grown-ups with brains enough to understand the difference between political belief and personal faith, the Unitarian Jihad will begin a series of terrorist-like actions. We will take over television studios, kidnap so-called commentators and broadcast calm, well-reasoned discussions of the issues of the day. We will not try for "balance" by hiring fruitcakes; we will try for balance by hiring non-ideologues who have carefully thought through the issues.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sitting in the shade under the veranda when a commotion blew up from the kitchen. "Let me take it". "No i made it I'm taking it". "It was my idea i should take it". Bicker, bicker, bicker.

Eventually silence all 3 kids struggled up the stairs each with a hand precariously holding a single tray. How they managed without dropping it i will never know.

They stop in front of me and present a beautifully prepared tray with a brie, black tomato and basil sandwich, a plate of chocolate digestive biscuits, a cup of tea and a napkin.

"Thanks" i say, "what brought this on"

Beth beams a big smile at me "because you're the best mom in the world"

Thats a winning lunch.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
From 2005, a bit obsolete but even more true today:

A message from the Unitarian Jihad

Greetings to the Imprisoned Citizens of the United States. We are Unitarian Jihad. There is only God, unless there is more than one God. The vote of our God subcommittee is 10-8 in favor of one God, with two abstentions. Brother Flaming Sword of Moderation noted the possibility of there being no God at all, and his objection was noted with love by the secretary.

Greetings to the Imprisoned Citizens of the United States! Too long has your attention been waylaid by the bright baubles of extremist thought. Too long have fundamentalist yahoos of all religions (except Buddhism -- 14-5 vote, no abstentions, fundamentalism subcommittee) made your head hurt. Too long have you been buffeted by angry people who think that God talks to them. You have a right to your moderation! You have the power to be calm! We will use the IED of truth to explode the SUV of dogmatic expression!
We are Unitarian Jihad. We are everywhere. We have not been born again, nor have we sworn a blood oath. We do not think that God cares what we read, what we eat or whom we sleep with. Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity notes for the record that he does not have a moral code but is nevertheless a good person, and Unexalted Leader Garrote of Forgiveness stipulates that Brother Neutron Bomb of Serenity is a good person, and this is to be reflected in the minutes.

Beware! Unless you people shut up and begin acting like grown-ups with brains enough to understand the difference between political belief and personal faith, the Unitarian Jihad will begin a series of terrorist-like actions. We will take over television studios, kidnap so-called commentators and broadcast calm, well-reasoned discussions of the issues of the day. We will not try for "balance" by hiring fruitcakes; we will try for balance by hiring non-ideologues who have carefully thought through the issues.

Damn Unitarian trouble makers

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
And soon there will be pod bears.
New! From Ronco. Bear in a Pod.

How many times have you been in a situation where a bear was the perfect solution. If only you had one.

Now you can.

Win friends. Have fun at parties.

Bear in a Pod is just good clean fun.

Warning: Do not look at Bear in a Pod. Do not anger it. Do not use when consuming alcohol. Do not use while driving.

Not for sale to minors. Void where prohibited by law or reason.