• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sounds like a list of terms that are better than "gaslighting".
But if one wants to feel the victim, it's the go to shibboleth.
You don't like that "list of terms" is what DEFINES gaslighting. I prefer to use the term itself which I find utterly adequate and accurate because the behavior contains more than one of those terms. You are, of course, free to do the wrong thing and to cast aspersions on me for using the correct term. It's the price I pay for being on the internet and especially on a site with anonymous users.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You don't like that "list of terms"...
Hey, I just said the list of terms is better.
....is what DEFINES gaslighting. I prefer to use the term itself which I find utterly adequate and accurate because the behavior contains more than one of those terms. You are, of course, free to do the wrong thing and to cast aspersions on me for using the correct term. It's the price I pay for being on the internet and especially on a site with anonymous users.
OK, be the victim, poochie.
It's your right.
When I disagree with posters, I'll just explain why.
I'm not threatened by disagreement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Winning by leaving for Saturday's truck show to nite.
I'll drive just a couple hours...enuf so that I can avoid
rush hour traffic in Toledo tomorrow morn.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
il_794xN.1864572914_77zm.jpg

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Better now that I'm not taking the drug that cause an iatrogenic issue which fortunately appears to be resolving when I stopped the drug.

DOCTORS DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO DRUG ALLERGIES
PHARMACIES IGNORE DRUG ALLERGIES
BOTH IGNORE DRUG INTERACTIONS.

I recommend Drug Interactions Checker - For Drugs, Food & Alcohol and https://www.rxlist.com/drugs/alpha_a.htm
They are not supposed to. I worked at the home town pharmacy when I was younger and I appreciated that my boss was pretty concerned about those things. I gather that not everyone is that diligent these days.

Sometimes the internet has value beyond lots of pictures of cakes.