• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
This is the first I remember hearing. Imagine a 6 year old singing, "driving that train high on cocaine" and having a mother explain to the kid what cocaine is. :p

I can imagine it. I have stories sort of like that too. Not necessarily about songs or cocaine, but other concepts somewhat out of range of certain ages.

I like the Crocodile Dundee explanation of cocaine myself. It is funny too.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
This is the first I remember hearing. Imagine a 6 year old singing, "driving that train high on cocaine" and having a mother explain to the kid what cocaine is. :p

After watching the documentary "The Other One", I realized that there were Dead songs that I have been listening to for a long time before Trukin'. I just had not realized whose songs they were. The Faster We Go, The Rounder We Get is the song that immediately comes to mind as one I had listened to for years and not realized who it was I was listening to.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Me too. This was way before Motorhead and Slayer for me. I wonder what Slayer would have sounded like on my old Winnie the Pooh record player?
Yup. That's it!

db556f5a32518133eb2603e15eeb4464.jpg

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I worshipped this song back in the mid 70s.

I remember that song too. During most of the 70s, we lived in upstate NY, so I tend to associate a lot of the popular music from that era when we'd take trips to our grandparents who were living near Chicago. While my dad drove, we'd pick up the clear channel stations like CKLW and WCFL, which both had a top 40 format back then. This is one of the songs they played incessantly to the point where I just couldn't take it anymore. It was kind of a sad song anyway.

1975, and I also remember this one:

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I remember that song too. During most of the 70s, we lived in upstate NY, so I tend to associate a lot of the popular music from that era when we'd take trips to our grandparents who were living near Chicago. While my dad drove, we'd pick up the clear channel stations like CKLW and WCFL, which both had a top 40 format back then. This is one of the songs they played incessantly to the point where I just couldn't take it anymore. It was kind of a sad song anyway.

1975, and I also remember this one:

Some guy I was standing next to looked at me like this when I played that.o_O

:p