• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
What's that?

Think Smart Devices.

Near-field communication
Near-field communication (NFC) is a short-range wireless technology that makes your smartphone, tablet, wearables, payment cards, and other devices even smarter. Near-field communication is the ultimate in connectivity. With NFC, you can transfer information between devices quickly and easily with a single touch—whether paying bills, exchanging business cards, downloading coupons, or sharing a research paper.

And from an IT security POV it is a great way to steal other peoples credit card and personal information without them ever knowing it....just by passing real close

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Think Smart Devices.

Near-field communication
Near-field communication (NFC) is a short-range wireless technology that makes your smartphone, tablet, wearables, payment cards, and other devices even smarter. Near-field communication is the ultimate in connectivity. With NFC, you can transfer information between devices quickly and easily with a single touch—whether paying bills, exchanging business cards, downloading coupons, or sharing a research paper.

And from an IT security POV it is a great way to steal other peoples credit card and personal information without them ever knowing it....just by passing real close
It just sounds potentially highly problematic.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Welcome to the world of smart devices

And we still have the wonderful world of old fashioned criminality. I have two years of free credit monitoring because some weirdly-named company had all sorts of my data courtesy of a "click here or don't do business with us" 5 point type war&peace hold them harmless checkbox.

Someone who took the book "Good Omens" as scripture might do pretty well. For example:

“Along with the standard computer warranty agreement which said that if the machine 1) didn't work, 2) didn't do what the expensive advertisements said, 3) electrocuted the immediate neighborhood, 4) and in fact failed entirely to be inside the expensive box when you opened it, this was expressly, absolutely, implicitly and in no event the fault or responsibility of the manufacturer, that the purchaser should consider himself lucky to be allowed to give his money to the manufacturer, and that any attempt to treat what had just been paid for as the purchaser's own property would result in the attentions of serious men with menacing briefcases and very thin watches. Crowley had been extremely impressed with the warranties offered by the computer industry, and had in fact sent a bundle Below to the department that drew up the Immortal Soul agreements, with a yellow memo form attached just saying: 'Learn, guys...”

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
2nvvm1.jpg

Wu Wei

winning after an oops
Had an issue with my PC, ran a scanner, removed the problem....and it took out many of my start up files......
Luckily Microsoft's startup repair worked for a change

Wu Wei

Ehh. Makes me more glad I did drop out of computers so I don't have to keep track of all this stuff anymore, especially the smart phones. I mean damn, I still don't know why these things do some of the things they do, like auto calling people for some reason I've still not figured out. I've also been using Samsung since my first cell phone, but I had a few of thier smart phones before I learned they amd ATT have a backup feature to move your stuff to a new phone.

I should have gone to Forestry school when I had the chance....and I really did have the chance......but NOOOOOOO I decided to go into IT.....

And then one of the guys I worked with went and retired and I got all the smart device support...along with what I already had..... it just keeps getting better

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
When I grow up I want to be
One of the harvesters of the win
I think before my days are done
I want to be a winning gal

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had something I needed to do on a Windows server. I mounted the array on a Linux box using CIFS and am proceeding to do easily in Linux that would have take way too long in Windows.

Thus I score another geek win.