• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

200.gif

Oh wait...nevermind...I should not have used Pepe......I forgot Pepe was not Woke

tonystark-eyeroll.gif

Wu Wei

A source the of much mirth while people watching loud Americans at sarlat market.

You might be surprised to hear...... people in other countries....tend to do the same thing to us...... happened rather regularly to a friend of mine in Japan....... had a German woman talk to me loudly once too...as well as a man from London.....but they were both here

Wu Wei

Oh, and I'm also winning today by being a thankless grump who wishes he was retired and living off the backs of the working man...... like some deadbeat reetireeeees here on RF...you have been warned

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, and I'm also winning today by being a thankless grump who wishes he was retired and living off the backs of the working man...... like some deadbeat reetireeeees here on RF...you have been warned
I recently got my 2018 tax refund from the IRS.
Thank you for your service, Booboo.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You might be surprised to hear...... people in other countries....tend to do the same thing to us...... happened rather regularly to a friend of mine in Japan....... had a German woman talk to me loudly once too...as well as a man from London.....but they were both here

Not surprised at all. Americans are typically loud, it's how you are seen abroad, usually from experience of watching Americans speak louder and louder English then getting annoyed because the local still doesn't understand no matter how loud they shout. They then storm off muttering "why can't these ****ing foreigners speak English" and so the reputation continues. And peeps from other countries do you the favour of imitating you.

Wu Wei

Not surprised at all. Americans are typically loud, it's how you are seen abroad, usually from experience of watching Americans speak louder and louder English then getting annoyed because the local still doesn't understand no matter how loud they shout. They then storm off muttering "why can't these ****ing foreigners speak English" and so the reputation continues. And peeps from other countries do you the favour of imitating you.

Same thing happened to my friend in Japan....but they were yelling Japanese at him...... also what the German woman did to me as well, with German...ironically...she also spoke English....as the guy from London (surprisingly) but them maybe that was just how the guy from London talked... also had my In Laws in CHina....do the same thing to me....speak louder in Mandarin... I know Americans do this too...but I don't believe, as much as the rest of the world wants to, that is is a purely American thing

I rarely speak loudly, one of the things I agree with Teddy Roosevelt on.... Speak softly and carry a big stick

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Another thing, i have watched "Taggart", a British tv detective program, in America..
It had subtitles presumably because Americans have trouble understanding spoken English with a Scottish accent

Wu Wei

Another thing, i have watched "Taggart", a British tv detective program, in America..
It had subtitles presumably because Americans have trouble understanding spoken English with a Scottish accent

I've seen subtitles on multiple shows where a person was speaking with an accent, many of those out of Japan, China and Italy. Not all Americans are good with Accents....but then I have been in other countries trying to use their language and they seem to have a problem with my accent as well...again....I do not believe this s a purley American thing, as much as the rest of the world would like to say it is