• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Same thing happened to my friend in Japan....but they were yelling Japanese at him...... also what the German woman did to me as well, with German...ironically...she also spoke English....as the guy from London (surprisingly) but them maybe that was just how the guy from London talked... also had my In Laws in CHina....do the same thing to me....speak louder in Mandarin

I rarely speak loudly, one of the things I agree with Teddy Roosevelt on.... Speak softly and carry a big stick

Happened to me here, outside my own home. American cyclist stopped and shouts to me, "which way to montpazier". I thought for a moment but not quick enough, he shouted louder "which way to montpazier".

Hmm i thought, one of those, and he shouted louder again, "which way to montpazier" .

To which i answered in English.

He looked stunned and said "your English is perfect"

I guess i should have answered in shouted french

ChristineM

Premium Member
I've seen subtitles on multiple shows where a person was speaking with an accent, many of those out of Japan, China and Italy. Not all Americans are good with Accents....but then I have been in other countries trying to use their language and they seem to have a problem with my accent as well...again....I do not believe this s a purley American thing, as much as the rest of the world would like to say it is

Ive travelling to many countries and have only seen it once in an English speaking country.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
We eat a whole lotta kimchee in Revoltistan.
I'd try it with haggis, but it's not so available here.

Americans have invented much better foods, actually, such as pizza, spaghetti, ice cream, hamburgers, burritos, potato chips, beer, and many other examples of fine American cuisine.

Although I've heard that they have some rather nice restaurants in France. This is a picture of one of the finest restaurants in Paris:

paris-on-a-budget-mcdonalds.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Americans have invented much better foods, actually, such as pizza, spaghetti, ice cream, hamburgers, burritos, potato chips, beer, and many other examples of fine American cuisine.

Although I've heard that they have some rather nice restaurants in France. This is a picture of one of the finest restaurants in Paris:

Do they serve brie on brioche?

ChristineM

Premium Member

I was there the day the first McDonald's opened in france. The two entrance doors were ceremonially opened. The queues entered and then commotion from down the street. Two tractors were chugging in my direction with large crowds walking around them. Each tractor pulled passed one of the doors reversed a little to direct their trailers to the entrance. They proceeded to tip their loads of fresh cow dung into the entry ways to loud cheering from the crowds.

It made my holiday one to remember..

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was there the day the first McDonald's opened in france. The two entrance doors were ceremonially opened. The queues entered and then commotion from down the street. Two tractors were chugging in my direction with large crowds walking around them. Each tractor pulled passed one of the doors reversed a little to direct their trailers to the entrance. They proceeded to tip their loads of fresh cow dung into the entry ways to loud cheering from the crowds.

It made my holiday one to remember..

McDonalds is run by those with a certain mindset because the dung is gone and the destruction of French cuisine continues apace.

ChristineM

Premium Member
McDonalds is run by those with a certain mindset because the dung is gone and the destruction of French cuisine continues apace.

They have actually tried to take over france twice, first time was a dismal failure. They tried again some years later and despite a shaky start (see above) McDonald's is pretty much everywhere now. There are at least 3 within a 100km radius of me. Luckily there are far more decent restaurants

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I don't care for McDonald's. I don't mind having one in each town or city. It's when they start creating so many, they have to pile one on top the other, that there are problems.