• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was there the day the first McDonald's opened in france. The two entrance doors were ceremonially opened. The queues entered and then commotion from down the street. Two tractors were chugging in my direction with large crowds walking around them. Each tractor pulled passed one of the doors reversed a little to direct their trailers to the entrance. They proceeded to tip their loads of fresh cow dung into the entry ways to loud cheering from the crowds.

It made my holiday one to remember..

I remember when I was on a Greyhound bus, and it seemed as if every stop for a meal break was at McDonald's. One evening, the driver was on the PA and telling the passengers about our next meal break "which will be at McDonald's," and a chorus of "boos" could be heard from the passengers.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
winning after having a Lebanese lunch and now topping it off with a piece of banana bread

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I remember when I was on a Greyhound bus, and it seemed as if every stop for a meal break was at McDonald's. One evening, the driver was on the PA and telling the passengers about our next meal break "which will be at McDonald's," and a chorus of "boos" could be heard from the passengers.

My longest bus journey was from NW UK to central Italy (never again). The bus had cans of coke and a coffee machine and food... Pot noodle... pot noodle for breakfast, pot noodle for lunch, pot noodle for dinner, and if you fancied a snack you could have pot noodle. For almost 3 days.

I don't know if you can get pot noodle in your part of the world so imagine a cardboard cup with a few instant noodles in it and a chicken flavoured powder that semi disolves when water is added.

91ozqIkLMuL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I am sad to say this but Macdonald's would have been welcome

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
My longest bus journey was from NW UK to central Italy (never again). The bus had cans of coke and a coffee machine and food... Pot noodle... pot noodle for breakfast, pot noodle for lunch, pot noodle for dinner, and if you fancied a snack you could have pot noodle. For almost 3 days.

I don't know if you can get pot noodle in your part of the world so imagine a cardboard cup with a few instant noodles in it and a chicken flavoured powder that semi disolves when water is added.

View attachment 54430

I am sad to say this but Macdonald's would have been welcome

We can't get those in my neck of the woods...but we can get these

And I am pretty sure they are equally delicious