• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Occupation and Safety Health Administration - a federal agency with the purpose of preventing businesses treating employees as more disposable than expensive machinery.

Rather like the british HSE. The Health and Safety Executive is a UK government agency responsible for the encouragement, regulation and enforcement of workplace health, safety and welfare, and for research into occupational risks in Great Britain

Whether you want it or not

ChristineM

Premium Member
Bloody hell that was close, the cats ducked.

Every Wednesday the french air force flies two mirages along our valley. They are usually ignored by the cats.

One has just flown up the main street with afterburner blazing to pull up over the mountain at the end of the village.

Good to know they are out there protecting us form Putin ;-)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Bloody hell that was close, the cats ducked.

Every Wednesday the french air force flies two mirages along our valley. They are usually ignored by the cats.

One has just flown up the main street with afterburner blazing to pull up over the mountain at the end of the village.

Good to know they are out there protecting us form Putin ;-)

I've got an airforce base about 30 minutes away, about every 6 weeks they use our place for their approach. They like to vary it so they annoy the maximum number of people. Our last house backed onto their bombing range, that was pleasant as they used it a lot. The sound of the compressed air as they fire the practice bombs was a tad annoying.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I've got an airforce base about 30 minutes away, about every 6 weeks they use our place for their approach. They like to vary it so they annoy the maximum number of people. Our last house backed onto their bombing range, that was pleasant as they used it a lot. The sound of the compressed air as they fire the practice bombs was a tad annoying.

It's an everyday occurrence here, as we have an air force base here. The main approach path is right over the university, and when the loud, noisy planes flew over (many times daily), one of my professors would stop his lecture and say "Let us pause now while they make our university safe for democracy."

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
after yesterday....winning with my new attitude towards work and the silliness I have been dealing with for 20 years.....

just fed up

ChristineM

Premium Member

Yes i can imagine.

ChristineM

Premium Member
No air force base within 150 miles so the win for only have military jets bug me on Wednesday. All other days are jet free.

Although we do have frenchelon about 4 km away. No planes but bloody big satellite dishes.

EMERAUDE_-_Domme.jpg

Sits on top of a local mountain and can watch Russia.

Although officially it exists and is classed as a means of defense it is not on Google maps. But easy to see from the road grom Gourdon

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
No air force base within 150 miles so the win for only have military jets bug me on Wednesday. All other days are jet free.

Although we do have frenchelon about 4 km away. No planes but bloody big satellite dishes.

View attachment 73626

Sits on top of a local mountain and can watch Russia.

Although officially it exists and is classed as a means of defense it is not on Google maps. But easy to see from the road grom Gourdon

We have the largest aircraft boneyard in the world.

1679494034421.png

They're old relics, but I'm told that in the event of a national emergency, they can all be put back into action if necessary.

This is the one reason why our base is generally off the list when it comes to base closures, since it would cost billions to relocate all these aircraft.

We also have Fort Huachuca, about an hour's drive away.

1679494338323.png

That which is depicted in this picture bears a striking resemblance to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

ChristineM

Premium Member

View attachment 73627

They're old relics, but I'm told that in the event of a national emergency, they can all be put back into action if necessary.

This is the one reason why our base is generally off the list when it comes to base closures, since it would cost billions to relocate all these aircraft.

View attachment 73628

That which is depicted in this picture bears a striking resemblance to the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Don't tell @Revoltingest about the scrap yard

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I usually go for leatherjacket because it's cheap and good but most people avoid it because they're ugly.

Never had them. They almost sound like southern catfish. They can get big, but the ones that I have had tended to be the smaller commercially grown ones. The big ones are sometimes caught using a technique called "Noodling". It almost sounds like a technique that an Aussie would use. You could look it up, or I could give you some links. That is one way of fishing that I will probably not ever do.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

View attachment 73627

View attachment 73628

Okay, I am torn, a funny or a wow! Definitely worthy of a winner.