• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Slightly serious, why do some mystics believe bisexuality is best? It seems in the past to present - some famous mystics - including Islamic ones - weirdly held that it was better to be attracted to both sexes sexually as that appreciates the beauty/traits of both.

I think some famous freemasons also held this view.

I believe the born with or not debate will stop, and this will be eventually debated instead.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Slightly serious, why do some mystics believe bisexuality is best? It seems in the past to present - some famous mystics - including Islamic ones - weirdly held that it was better to be attracted to both sexes sexually as that appreciates the beauty/traits of both.

I think some famous freemasons also held this view.

I believe the born with or not debate will stop, and this will be eventually debated instead.
I've never read nor know of any who asserted that. Can you provide some names? I'm only aware of a "rendering" (interpretive translation) of Hafiz by Ladinksy about gender:

Once a young woman asked me,
“How does it feel to be a man?”
And I replied,

“My dear, I am not so sure.”
Then she said. “Well aren’t you a man?”

And this time I replied,

“I view gender as a beautiful animal
That people often take for a walk on a leash,
And might enter in some odd contest
To try to win strange prizes.

My dear,
A better question for Hafiz
Would have been,

‘How does it feel to be a Heart?’

For all I know is love,
And I find my heart Infinite
And everywhere!”

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's people like you that are driving me out of the gigolo business :mad:

Do you sell yourself by the kilogramme?

So they were having a bad time financially. Hubby suggested she go on the streets and try to earn a bit of money that way. Darkness falls and all dressed up off she goes.
Early in the morning she returns home with $130 and 50 cents. Hubby says "that's wonderful but who was the tight *+?*= who gave you the 50 cents."
Wify replies "all of them"

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I once stood next to David Lee Roth at the bar in the Newcastle Workers Club, he's a strange looking dude in real life and I was kinda surprised he had to get his own drinks, I thought he'd have people for that. But this was in his in between Van Halen years, the gig was only about half full.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I was kinda surprised he had to get his own drinks, I thought he'd have people for that. But this was in his in between Van Halen years, the gig was only about half full.

I guess he was telling the truth when he said "I ain't got nobody."

ChristineM

Premium Member
I once stood next to David Lee Roth at the bar in the Newcastle Workers Club, he's a strange looking dude in real life and I was kinda surprised he had to get his own drinks, I thought he'd have people for that. But this was in his in between Van Halen years, the gig was only about half full.

Fame at last

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Must be the place to be around your area

It was OK back in the day, saw some good bands there. I just tried googling it and apparently it's called Wests City now which shows how much I go out these days.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes, but are you really interested? Mulla Sadra seemingly had this view. :(
I've studied Hafiz, Rumi, Rabia, Inayat Khan, Idres Shah and others but Mulla Sadra was new to me. I found Mulla Sadra on love for adolescent boys - Exploring Ibn Arabi, Mysticism and Sufism

From that page, Rumi had this to say:

صوفئی گشته به پیش این لئام
الخياطة و اللَواطة و السلام

“To these vile sufis, mysticism is nothing but to don a ‘khirqah’ (woolen robe) and engage in sodomy.” (3)

ChristineM

Premium Member
It was OK back in the day, saw some good bands there. I just tried googling it and apparently it's called Wests City now which shows how much I go out these days.

Oh... I still won't be going there even if the food is great