• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
1694211287403.jpeg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I may be old. I may be rusty. But I just wrote a perl script which scans a range of IP addresses. If there's something (computer etc) running prints "up" else "down". And it does a lookup to translate address to name. This is to clean up our environment and make sure that everything that should be backed up is being backed up. It's not long and it's not complex but I've just proven to myself that I've not entirely lost it when it comes to writing scripts (code)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I may be old. I may be rusty. But I just wrote a perl script which scans a range of IP addresses. If there's something (computer etc) running prints "up" else "down". And it does a lookup to translate address to name. This is to clean up our environment and make sure that everything that should be backed up is being backed up. It's not long and it's not complex but I've just proven to myself that I've not entirely lost it when it comes to writing scripts (code)
impressive...but its programming....eeeewwww

I could only program when I was hung over or suffering from sleep deprivation

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Decorating, actually painting the woodwork in a bathroom. Reached a nice point for an early lunch. Yes .. it's a winner

And eldest daughter has made a batch of pecan cookies, yet another wint

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Decorating, actually painting the woodwork in a bathroom. Reached a nice point for an early lunch. Yes .. it's a winner

And eldest daughter has made a batch of pecan cookies, yet another wint

Painting.... I'm sure there's worse jobs but at the moment I can't think of any