• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do cats win? I post, you decide:

img.php

img.php

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I recall you feeling alone on Saturdays. What do you do when your boy throws toys against the wall.? Does he respond to correction?
Depends on why.

If he's bored and is trying to get a reaction, he has to pick up the toys, and correct any damage.

If its a psychotic episode, its safety first. He needs to get to an area where he can't cause harm/damage. I'll probably have to hold his hands until its passed. We talk calmly; I tell a lot of what he calls "neighbor stories". We might decide to go to the park/gym/uncle's house/etc.

You can usually tell which is which because if he's bored, he's quiet, and its probably play induced(we went from making the cars speed to now the cars are flying). If its an episode, he gets a weird laugh, and will repeat the same nonsense phrases over and over again. We don't typically punish 'episodes', as he doesn't seem to be any more control than a person sneezing.

His doctor finally got back to me about an hour ago; I'd called Friday. They doubled his antipsychotic. I hope this helps... He's been in a mode since last week, with it interrupting his eating and sleeping patterns. He can be fine, and then like the drop of a hat, he goes into an episode, and rather than the normal 5-20 minutes, they're lasting hours. I almost took him to the ER over the weekend over it.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Depends on why.

If he's bored and is trying to get a reaction, he has to pick up the toys, and correct any damage.

If its a psychotic episode, its safety first. He needs to get to an area where he can't cause harm/damage. I'll probably have to hold his hands until its passed. We talk calmly; I tell a lot of what he calls "neighbor stories". We might decide to go to the park/gym/uncle's house/etc.

You can usually tell which is which because if he's bored, he's quiet, and its probably play induced(we went from making the cars speed to now the cars are flying). If its an episode, he gets a weird laugh, and will repeat the same nonsense phrases over and over again. We don't typically punish 'episodes', as he doesn't seem to be any more control than a person sneezing.

His doctor finally got back to me about an hour ago; I'd called Friday. They doubled his antipsychotic. I hope this helps... He's been in a mode since last week, with it interrupting his eating and sleeping patterns. He can be fine, and then like the drop of a hat, he goes into an episode, and rather than the normal 5-20 minutes, they're lasting hours. I almost took him to the ER over the weekend over it.
It seems to take some 'fine tuning' for the caregiver....

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Depends on why.

That has to be very hard. Hopefully the dosage change will help.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It seems to take some 'fine tuning' for the caregiver....
It does. There are some days I feel more like a machine than a people. Constantly have to take in the scene, and then respond as needed, not as I necessarily feel like doing. Even little things, like tone and expression make a difference...

I would make a hell of an actress at this point.
That has to be very hard. Hopefully the dosage change will help.
Its been a really hard year. I think this will be the fourth med adjust? These things tend to be trial and error, but its tedious. I didn't see this last week's 'clock out' coming... hit at 2am, even. Sometimes there's warning a med is losing its effectivity, but this really came out of nowhere.

My husband's had his own mental health issues as well... between the two of them, I am KOed.

On a positive note, the littlest guy has started reading, and can write his first name now, all 11 letters of it. And my oldest son got his first job(he's handling it so-so).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Depends on why.

I hope the extra antipsychotic helps.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
That reminded me that soon @Wu Wei will be sitting in a rocking chair yelling at kids and telling them that in the good old days picnic basket inspection was done properly not like the terrible job the degenerate youth of today does. He might even tell them to bring him some baskets and he'd show them what to do.
and sometimes just watching the water flow by

bear2_1.jpg

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm heading off to wade through a swamp with my daughter and son-in-law in search of Red-backed Fairywrens.