• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Winning with a doctor's office call where I actually get someone on the line.

If we need anything without booking an appointment we email the doctor with something like "can i please have a prescription for". It's usually sent within an hour or a message to "see me"

For an appointment it's an online booking, usually 1 to 3 days wait.

When phoning the receptionist we always get through (maybe after a few attempts when it's busy)

But actually speaking to the doctor... Can't be done

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My doctor's office is part of a big operation so I can always get reception and a nurse. Getting to the doctor is another matter.
I can get the desk person, who may or may not actually get a nurse to call back.

Then if I do get a nurse to call back, I either get a) a nurse who is unfamiliar with our family's situation and may or may not have actually spoken with the doctor or b) a nurse who knows our family's situation and has actually showed the doctor the notes.

Option B today. She doesn't know us well, but she knew enough to actually speak with the good Doc.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
If we need anything without booking an appointment we email the doctor with something like "can i please have a prescription for". It's usually sent within an hour or a message to "see me"

For an appointment it's an online booking, usually 1 to 3 days wait.

When phoning the receptionist we always get through (maybe after a few attempts when it's busy)

But actually speaking to the doctor... Can't be done
I booked an appointment... two weeks out until the first one. I can cancel if I don't need it, but better to reserve it if I do.

The doctor advised on med timing today, and said if that doesn't work, he'll prescribe a fast acting anxiety.

Ares has started having day time tantrums. Not as severe as that run with the night time psychotic fits, but still no joke. He got himself sent home from school yesterday(he only goes for an hour), and permanently kicked out of the gym's daycare two weeks ago.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Time for some beauty sleep. I don't know why but I've been tired since coming back from the UK.

Goodnight all.

tired-need-sleep.jpg