• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Remind me never to come round for dinner
LOL! It is a common mistake since most people never see chestnut trees. They can cause gastric problems if people eat enough of them but I do not see how that is possible. After roasting they were still very bitter. I was tasting just shards of them since they did not want to get separated from their shell either.

At any rate I threw them away. I might go back for more, but just for the nut. The shell is beautiful when raw.

1696911361781.png

1696911386019.png

The ones on top are edible. The ones on the bottom are not. The nuts of the bottom picture look prettier. They look even better in real life. That is the color that I have always thought of as chestnut brown.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
LOL! It is a common mistake since most people never see chestnut trees. They can cause gastric problems if people eat enough of them but I do not see how that is possible. After roasting they were still very bitter. I was tasting just shards of them since they did not want to get separated from their shell either.

At any rate I threw them away. I might go back for more, but just for the nut. The shell is beautiful when raw.

View attachment 83384

View attachment 83385

The ones on top are edible. The ones on the bottom are not. The nuts of the bottom picture look prettier. They look even better in real life. That is the color that I have always thought of as chestnut brown.
The bottom ones are known as 'Buckeyes' here in the states, I believe. We've got two of them in our yard...a very pretty small tree...

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Yudhi and Ares have found a toy playhouse and its now in our backyard. Yudhi was on a stepladder pounding on the roof. I asked him what he was doing, he told me he's Amish.