• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Has anyone ever roasted chestnuts here. I came across some on a walk yesterday and tried roasting them. I do not know if I was successful yet, but I may have screwed up. They are fresh falls from this years growth.
Let us know how that goes. Never tried it myself.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Has anyone ever roasted chestnuts here. I came across some on a walk yesterday and tried roasting them. I do not know if I was successful yet, but I may have screwed up. They are fresh falls from this years growth.

Yes, we go out this time of year (actually another week or two) and gather chestnuts, walnuts and hopefully mushrooms. I have noticed a few spiky chestnuts and walnuts on the road under the trees but not enough to collect yet.

Rinse them in cold water, dry and put a cut in each chestnut before roasting otherwise its a hell of a job to clean the oven. Another tip, cover them loosely with aluminium foil, just in case one or few want to explode. About 30 to 35 minutes at 200c (400f)

Soak the nuts in boiling water for a minute or so, makes them easier to peel

Enjoy

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Cut a cross in them and whack them in the oven

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Yes, we go out this time of year (actually another week or two) and gather chestnuts, walnuts and hopefully mushrooms. I have noticed a few spiky chestnuts and walnuts on the road under the trees but not enough to collect yet.

Rinse them in cold water, dry and put a cut in each chestnut before roasting otherwise its a hell of a job to clean the oven. Another tip, cover them loosely with aluminium foil, just in case one or few want to explode. About 30 to 35 minutes at 200c (400f)

Soak the nuts in boiling water for a minute or so, makes them easier to peel

Enjoy

You beat me to it

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Goodnight
And a special cat goodnight for @Wu Wei

Media_231009_230209.gif