• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's a loss. Goodnight

No loss.

Once knew a guy who died of too much fruit.

He'd gone to the farmers market to buy fruit for the week. He died of an overdose of tree while under the influence of MGC on the way home.

If only he hadn't gone for the fruit he'd still be alive today (probably)

ChristineM

Premium Member
That isn't that long ago. I hope everything has since seen you to a full recovery.

I shall smite a tree for you. I'll give it a stern look anyway.

All ok, can't see the scar, its under my eyebrow. The bruising cleared after a month (hubby got some nasty looks;-)

Except I'm still missing some teeth, and thats how it's staying, im not laying out over 3000€ for dentures or over 6k for implants.

If people don't accept my gap they can just go away copulating.

There was a time I'd have been embarrassed by it... now... bof.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
All ok, can't see the scar, its under my eyebrow. The bruising cleared after a month (hubby got some nasty looks;-)

Except I'm still missing some teeth, and thats how it's staying, im not laying out over 3000€ for dentures or over 6k for implants.

If people don't accept my gap they can just go away copulating.

There was a time I'd have been embarrassed by it... now... bof.
I've had some bad headaches, but never a splitting headache like that.

I have a couple of broken teeth, but they are in back where they can't be seen. I do need to get them fixed so they don't get worse, but haven't been diligent about it like I should.

I worked for a dentist in grad school and, for the money, is usually your best medical spend. But I am also aware that our particular need is the most costly of that spend too. Implants are an amazing advancement in the empty your wallet department.

If Venus remains beautiful without arms, what are a couple of teeth?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
A 50cm (20inches ish) by 25cm (10in ish) log of particularly knotty hard wood launched with 7tons of pressure packs quite a punch.

You give it as stern a look as you can.

It did one thing good, we bought a new log splitter with a safety cage.
I've been hit in the head with a ball bat and an ax, but not with that sort of force. And I'm lucking to have a thick head.

After watching videos of tree encounters, I think a stern look is all I have to courage to give our woody companions.

I'm glad things didn't turn out worse and you are doing well.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It's been the same for years upon years unless I'm away from home: oat bran, fat-free yogurt and fruit, mostly seasonal (or frozen in the case of blueberries I chucked in the freezer).
During the course of the first two years of the pandemic, I lost 125 lbs by switching to a breakfast similar to that and hiking 100's of miles a month. Since then, I developed some issues with my feet and the hiking at that level has ceased and my breakfast choices have become less healthy. Some of that weight has, by that, returned. My feet seem to have recovered and I am trying to return to both of those previous habits. I rather liked the breakfast and the benefits of not having the extra baggage.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Still ouch moments. Hope it was the blunt and of the ax...
Very much ouch moments.

I lacerated my scalp and bled like crazy. I can't recall how many stitches, but I do remember it wasn't a lot for the length of the cut. I can still find the scar, though it isn't so much anymore. I was 11.

It was an ax with an adze, called a Pulaski ax here, and I was using the adze end to dig when I got it hung up. Bad technique, but a fortunate learning experience that could have been much worse.

warwood-tool-company-warwood-pulaski-axe-usfs-spec.jpg

ChristineM

Premium Member
Very much ouch moments.

I lacerated my scalp and bled like crazy. I can't recall how many stitches, but I do remember it wasn't a lot for the length of the cut. I can still find the scar, though it isn't so much anymore. I was 11.

It was an ax with an adze, called a Pulaski ax here, and I was using the adze end to dig when I got it hung up. Bad technique, but a fortunate learning experience that could have been much worse.

warwood-tool-company-warwood-pulaski-axe-usfs-spec.jpg

Wow, good job it didn't cause any more brain damage ;-)

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Things have been added since day 1. Starter motors for one. If you want to draw a totally arbitrary line and separate good (earlier) and evil (later) be my guest.
What is your issue....., I was a mechanic years ago.... I like cars.... I am not a fan of all the extra electronic things they have added to cars to make repairs astronomically expensive and dumb down the drivers.. sorry that offends you.....they took a 50 cent 4 way flasher, eliminated it and ran the system through a $150 (at the time it was changed) brain.... I also am not a fan of the remove and replace practices they do today with car either, but I suppose that to makes me a Luddite to you.... you do realize not everyone is going to agree with your opinion on the matter.... or don't you.

I was specifically talking the "electronic, driver assist stuff, you took it to crank start engines of the 20s, which I think are cool by the way, but would I choose a 1927 Model A over a 1967 Mustang or for that matter a 1990 mustang or even a brand new one, for a daily driver? Nope.... I am not a fan of all the additional driver assist stuff, I shut it off in my car. Frankly I think it gives a lot of people a chance to do incredibly stupid stuff, like take their Tesla, Lexus, Honda, etc. on the major highways like messing with thier smart phone, watch videos, take naps and not pay attention to what they are actually doing. I see stuff like this quite often on the Northway in NYS, not naps but a lot of smart phone stuff.