• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
2696d29a243c2e2c10b8960e8e67f52e.gif

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
When I think of you and what you deal with, the image of Durga comes to mind. Of course what deal with is not actual demonic forces but can be a real battle. And no matter what it feels like, to me you have the courage and will of a soldier in battle.

Durga... is associated with protection, strength, motherhood, destruction, and wars.

Durga's legend centres around combating evils and demonic forces that threaten peace, prosperity, and dharma, representing the power of good over evil.[5][7] Durga is believed to unleash her divine wrath against the wicked for the liberation of the oppressed, and entails destruction to empower creation.[8] Durga is seen as a motherly figure and often depicted as a beautiful woman, riding a lion or tiger, with many arms each carrying a weapon and often defeating demons.
[
Thank you. :) It was actually here on RF that I got called 'soldier' for the first time, when someone was reading one of my journal posts. It made me chuckle at first, and then I found I loved the title, and kept it... I sometimes joke that War Lord Ares came around to train me himself.

I also have gotten much more help from reading tips on managing stress that is geared towards soldiers than the guides that target people that are actually in my position(which are almost always written from the viewpoint that one is surrounded by constant support). So, it was really fortunate the comparison was made, or I'd never thought to look for guidance from that angle.

One thing that I try to keep in mind is to remember the small pleasures. Like diet Mountain Dew, homemade cake, and being rude to @Secret Chief .
I'm back preparing another lunch for guests. Hopefully this couple won't get covid and cancel.

Morning (or whatever bit of the day it is where you are) everyone

No Bruce or Chuck needed for this win
Did they make it?

Secret Chief

Degrow!
One thing that I try to keep in mind is to remember the small pleasures. Like diet Mountain Dew, homemade cake, and being rude to @Secret Chief .
It's lovely to know that in my own little way I'm a source of pleasure for you; by being the brunt of your constant belittling and denigrating of an entirely innocent party. Long may it continue.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
2 days picking up leaves in my lawn..... and it already looks like I have done nothing..... the leaves just keep coming