• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I've spent two days setting machines. My finger tips hurt abit because I don't have worker's hands anymore.
Were they STABBING machines...

giphy.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hello people.

Joyous early morning win.

The cats have no idea the clocks went back last night. At 4:30 they were yelling for food.
We do that next week after the kids are done with looting and pillaging (All Hallows Eve).

And thanks to the British Antiques Road Trip, I now know where the black peaked hat, broom and cat come from - alewives. While there's historical quibbling about this, I like this story Why Did Women Stop Dominating the Beer Industry?

Up until the 1500s, brewing was primarily women’s work—that is, until a smear campaign accused women brewers of being witches. Much of the iconography we associate with witches today, from the pointy hat to the broom, may have emerged from their connection to female brewers.
They wore the tall, pointy hats so that their customers could see them in the crowded marketplace. They transported their brew in cauldrons. And those who sold their beer out of stores had cats not as demon familiars, but to keep mice away from the grain. Some argue that iconography we associate with witches, from the pointy hat to the cauldron, originated from women working as master brewers.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We do that next week after the kids are done with looting and pillaging (All Hallows Eve).

And thanks to the British Antiques Road Trip, I now know where the black peaked hat, broom and cat come from - alewives. While there's historical quibbling about this, I like this story Why Did Women Stop Dominating the Beer Industry?

Up until the 1500s, brewing was primarily women’s work—that is, until a smear campaign accused women brewers of being witches. Much of the iconography we associate with witches today, from the pointy hat to the broom, may have emerged from their connection to female brewers.
They wore the tall, pointy hats so that their customers could see them in the crowded marketplace. They transported their brew in cauldrons. And those who sold their beer out of stores had cats not as demon familiars, but to keep mice away from the grain. Some argue that iconography we associate with witches, from the pointy hat to the cauldron, originated from women working as master brewers.

That's pretty much correct, add that male doctors also chimed in on the hate campaign because people (prospective paying patients) were going to wise women (witches) for medical help, and aid with childbirth.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Winning with an ordinary Sunday (so far) and again later this afternoon when I take off the lymphedema bandage and luxuriate in the shower.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
another rainy Sunday..... I like it.... may put on the rain coat and go for a walk.... or I may just go to the basement and do some exercise....either way its a win....

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
My lights won't stop flickering and its driving me nuts.
Sometimes its not the destination, but the drive taking you there.

On the upside, I love nuts. Especially mixed nuts with lots of hazelnuts. I don't find them so much, so they have become an extra special treat.