• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The nerve of some to interrupt the hibernation.

For a while, I lived next door to a woman that got a ride from her mother to go to work at 5 am. She would park right outside our apartment. Instead of going in, she would lay on the horn. Until the morning my kids were sick and I needed sleep from being up late with them. She didn't like what I had to say.
My mom used to do that vvhen I vvas a kid... drove me nuts.

She never did it at 5am, though.

I vvas glad vvhen she got a cell phone and could just call vvhatever friend's house I vvas at.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
My mom used to do that vvhen I vvas a kid... drove me nuts.

She never did it at 5am, though.

I vvas glad vvhen she got a cell phone and could just call vvhatever friend's house I vvas at.
A little thought and curtesy was all I was asking for. You'd have thought I was threatening war by the response I got. But it also worked.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I found myself almost run down by a buck. I don't mean in my car. Only able to side-step the deer because of super guick reflexes that left brown spots on my shorts

That's happened to me on a woodland trail. I heard what was the sound of thunder getting closer. I just moved in time as 2 deer broke through the bush at full gallop just inches behind me. Scary.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Winning Monday,

The insurance covers the damage to the shopping trolley and provides a courtesy car while it's being fixed.

Win win

Also sitting having coffee #2 of the day while the bread bakes. Another win.

And i suppose you could call the temperature rising above negative a win too. Still chilly at 6c but hey, it's winter.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I found myself almost run down by a buck. I don't mean in my car. Only able to side-step the deer because of super guick reflexes that left brown spots on my shorts
Ducks often travel in packs too. They'll run you down, rip up your homework, make fun of your mom, and try to get Elmer Fudd to shoot you.

Duck season.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
That's happened to me on a woodland trail. I heard what was the sound of thunder getting closer. I just moved in time as 2 deer broke through the bush at full gallop just inches behind me. Scary.
Oh, deer. I thought @Stonetree said "duck". Ah well, ducks are still terrible.

Something like that happened to me, but it was goats. And they weren't at a run, but there were 5 or 6 of them that got on the trail right in front of my bike.

And there was a badger once. Didn't come out on the trail, but was right at the edge rooting around.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Karen managed to spill some down her front before I'd even finished. I said that's got to be some kind of world record and she said, nope I've done it before.
Someone's in the kitchen with...Karen?

You live a wild and exciting life that I can only dream of.

Wait, mine is that wild and exciting too.

Never mind.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Ducks often travel in packs too. They'll run you down, rip up your homework, make fun of your mom, and try to get Elmer Fudd to shoot you.

Duck season.

I used to keep ducks (and chicken and geese (and a couple of goats))
The ducks were wonderful, each wirh their own personalities. Mostly good natured but we had one that hated cameras and would attack the camera, frightened the poo out of the person holding the camera.
The geese were great guard dogs, have been known to see off guard dogs.

Something like that happened to me, but it was goats.

Goats like to eat the cuffs of wooden sweaters.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's 48°F outside. More rain in the forecast. Expected high to get up to 60°F today.

Taking a mental health day from work. It's for my co-workers' mental health, not mine.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I awoke to 30°F and everything covered in a sheet of ice. I've only seen two vehicles pass by in the last couple of hours and they were driving really slowly. Plow is going by now.

At least there are no ducks.