• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Bring Your Own Bear!!!!!!
Or bring Bullwinkle

meanwhile-in-canada-pics-2-65a78b7b1409a__700.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
So I have identity monitoring and got a message that my login info was found on the dark web. The alert lists my email address but not the originating site found nor password.

Since I was an IT professional paranoid during my career, I have well over 350 passwords from various sites mostly seldom used sites. Knowing my email was found and seeing a recommendation to change my password is utterly and completely useless. I'm not going to all those web sites to change my password.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So I have identity monitoring and got a message that my login info was found on the dark web. The alert lists my email address but not the originating site found nor password.

Since I was an IT professional paranoid during my career, I have well over 350 passwords from various sites mostly seldom used sites. Knowing my email was found and seeing a recommendation to change my password is utterly and completely useless. I'm not going to all those web sites to change my password.

I only have 5 passwords, all fairly uncommon words with a number or two and a full stop (period to you) but not at the end ;-). Oh and the trick is the words are spelled wrong.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I only have 5 passwords, all fairly uncommon words with a number or two and a full stop (period to you) but not at the end ;-). Oh and the trick is the words are spelled wrong.
I sometimes use Firefox generated passwords that can look like 1LXt)z9Q!!=$gPO*M and I rely on password managers to keep track of such but also have saved them just in case.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I sometimes use Firefox generated passwords that can look like 1LXt)z9Q!!=$gPO*M and I rely on password managers to keep track of such but also have saved them just in case.

You'd need something to keep track. Passwords like that are frightening

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You'd need something to keep track. Passwords like that are frightening
Yes some form of password manager, whether external or browser-based or perhaps self managed. These days I tend to be looser for 2FA especially app based or at least ones that send a text message. But even then I'll choose a good one that I can type. When it comes to banks and such I don't trust password managers.

I did write I was a professional IT paranoid because in this case we know they are really out to get us.