• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
WHO ASKED YA!!!!!!
.............. police-305626_640.png

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And there is the dentist mantra "here comes another sucker"
When the dentist I went to for a long time retired, he sold the business to a couple who, among other things, marketed what I call snake oil and did useless add-ons like applying fluoride to my teeth. I changed dentists to one who is VERY successful and recommended by friends. The new one is good.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
When the dentist I went to for a long time retired, he sold the business to a couple who, among other things, marketed what I call snake oil and did useless add-ons like applying fluoride to my teeth. I changed dentists to one who is VERY successful and recommended by friends. The new one is good.
I had a great dentist, that had the nerve to retire... then I found anther good one, closer to my house, not as good as the first, but good...took about a year to find him....but then I moved..... it then took me 12 years to find another good one...who is darn close to as good as the first one

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I had a great dentist, that had the nerve to retire... then I found anther good one, closer to my house, not as good as the first, but good...took about a year to find him....but then I moved..... it then took me 12 years to find another good one...who is darn close to as good as the first one
The tooth and nuttin but da tooth!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Is your test the RIJV test?
That's a treatment. The CT scan is to get a better view than the ultrasound. And given the "tortuous and kinked" artery, just cleaning out plaque probably is not indicated but we'll see if anything is needed or not since the current "magic number" is 80% and ultrasound max was 79% - grey zone.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That's a treatment. The CT scan is to get a better view than the ultrasound. And given the "tortuous and kinked" artery, just cleaning out plaque probably is not indicated but we'll see if anything is needed or not since the current "magic number" is 80% and ultrasound max was 79% - grey zone.

All sounds very medical to me.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
All sounds very medical to me.
My way of dealing with stress about my body (wife and dog) is to read high quality technical medical sources. This enables me to see if I have symptoms that doc might not ask about, ask intelligent questions and detect if the doc is being completely honest with me. For me it's also a great anxiety reducer.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the Brits are up in arms because an American scientist has figured out how to brew a better cup of tea.

Bryn Mawr College chemistry professor Michelle Francl says one of the keys to a perfect cup of tea is a pinch of salt. The tip is included in Francl’s book “Steeped: The Chemistry of Tea,” published Wednesday by the Royal Society of Chemistry.

Not since the Boston Tea Party has mixing tea with salt water roiled the Anglo-American relationship so much.

The salt suggestion drew howls of outrage from tea lovers in Britain, where popular stereotype sees Americans as coffee-swilling boors who make tea, if at all, in the microwave.

Apparently, the British don't like salt in their tea.

The U.S. embassy tried to smooth things over and patch the damage done to the US-UK relationship.

The U.S. Embassy in London intervened in the brewing storm with a social media post reassuring “the good people of the U.K. that the unthinkable notion of adding salt to Britain’s national drink is not official United States policy.”

“Let us unite in our steeped solidarity and show the world that when it comes to tea, we stand as one,” said the tongue-in-cheek post. “The U.S. Embassy will continue to make tea in the proper way - by microwaving it.”

The embassy later clarified that its statement was “a lighthearted play on our shared cultural connections” rather than an official press release.

Francl said adding a small amount of salt — not enough to taste — makes tea seem less bitter because “the sodium ions in salt block the bitter receptors in our mouths.”

She also advocates making tea in a pre-warmed pot, agitating the bag briefly but vigorously and serving in a short, stout mug to preserve the heat. And she says milk should be added to the cup after the tea, not before – another issue that often divides tea lovers.

Francl has been surprised by the level of reaction to her book in Britain.

“I kind of understood that there would hopefully be a lot of interest,” she told The Associated Press. “I didn’t know we’d wade into a diplomatic conversation with the U.S. Embassy.”

It has made her ponder the ocean-wide coffee-tea divide that separates the U.S. and Britain.

“I wonder if we’re just a more caffeinated society — coffee is higher in caffeine,” she said. “Or maybe we’re just trying to rebel against our parent country.”

Well, they should just drink coffee anyway.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well, the Brits are up in arms because an American scientist has figured out how to brew a better cup of tea.

Apparently, the British don't like salt in their tea.

The U.S. embassy tried to smooth things over and patch the damage done to the US-UK relationship.

Well, they should just drink coffee anyway.

I read about yesterday and thought ah ha, I'm going to try that. Guess what, I prefer my tea with a bit of bitter bite. So no more American softee tea for me.

Oh, and i do drink coffee, i make it too strong for the softee American palate

ChristineM

Premium Member
6C at 4:30pm (16:30)... and that is very warm for this time of year here

We have just started a heatwave, its been up to 12c today, over the weekend we should be getting 15c, thats a warm summer day where i used to live in the UK.