• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
The psychologist told my parents I was a typical adolescent. And looking back, maybe more than that because among other things I told my parents that they were not my REAL parents, insisted on taking a typewriter on the boat for lake fishing and other stunts.
Hovv'd the typevvriter on the boat vvork out for you?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hovv'd the typevvriter on the boat vvork out for you?
I never used it but that was not the point - adolescent rebellion was the point. Now I can identify with your sons. It's like having a mild headache and then knowing from experience what a full blown, all out headache feels like.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I never used it but that was not the point - adolescent rebellion was the point. Now I can identify with your sons. It's like having a mild headache and then knowing from experience what a full blown, all out headache feels like.
I vvould have allovved the typevvriter had one of my kids vvanted to bring it, so long as they vvere doing the transporting.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's one thing I'm really grateful for. And that was being able to tell my mother later on that I was truly grateful for everything she had done for me. The adolescent "storm" had passed and I was able to see that they had done the best they could for me. Sadly my father died much earlier from cancer.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It was a portable and I did carry it. My father wisely did not call me a blithering idiot for the entire episode which finally allowed me to see my idiocy for myself.
That's vvise indeed.

So long as no one's getting hurt, and nothing's getting broken, people usually learn better having made a mistake rather than hearing they're about to make a mistake.

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
Has this thread always been active or was there at one point someone who appeared they may win?

Not super into reading the 8k pages but would be interested to see if any of the RF elders can recall.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Has this thread always been active or was there at one point someone who appeared they may win?

Not super into reading the 8k pages but would be interested to see if any of the RF elders can recall.

When you have the winningest thread on RF, nay, the winningest thread on the internet, i think you will find it doesn't slow down...

And that's a winner.