• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Have you ever had a question that you would like to pose on RF, but were hesitant, due to some of the respondents you thought you might draw that would derail the point of posting with pseudo-proselytizing and irrelevancy?

I have one. I may hang onto and eventually post. But some posters sort of ruin things for me and that anticipation gives me pause to post.

I'll figure something out or just throw caution to the wind.

You're not a real question asker.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
You're not a real question asker.
Apparently not. Or I'm just saddened and disillusioned by the volume of nothing responses the kind of question I have in mind seems to draw. Lots of absolutist opinion, but no discussion. No consideration of the point of the question. Just judgment and finger wagging.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Apparently not. Or I'm just saddened and disillusioned by the volume of nothing responses the kind of question I have in mind seems to draw. Lots of absolutist opinion, but no discussion. No consideration of the point of the question. Just judgment and finger wagging.

It's because you don't believe all the book of questions.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

It is very frustrating. And for some reason you are a troll magnet. It might be your super power.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It is very frustrating. And for some reason you are a troll magnet. It might be your super power.
I thought it was charm, but you may be right.

It's funny. All this seems to have started with asking questions that some people were clearly unable to answer, so they tried to twist it around an make it about me. To make it more interesting, the people that won't answer relevant questions they should be able to answer, get upset when you don't answer their irrelevant questions. They'll follow you around for months. Some don't seem to understand how illogical their claims are and that their posts are often difficult to understand to the point of being indecipherable. They become very incensed when it is pointed out and start claiming personal attack. It is a bizarre group. There are a few shining lights that aren't so deeply intoxicated by the smell of their own brand that you can engage with them and expect reasonable answers, but these are few and rare.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It's because you don't believe all the book of questions.
All the people that rattle on about end times seem to speak of it with a homicidal glee to me. As if the forewarned doom for what they consider to be much of humanity is something joyful. I get this sense of doom or death worship being expressed and self-aggrandizement as the real message.

I just never understood the value of trying to turn a religion based on love and sacrifice into a death cult. It is just my opinion, but the evidence sure stacks up to look like that.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It is a topic too serious for the value of this thread to drag it down further. I'll figure something out or just leave it as something for my personal pondering.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Have you ever had a question that you would like to pose on RF, but were hesitant, due to some of the respondents you thought you might draw that would derail the point of posting with pseudo-proselytizing and irrelevancy?

I have one. I may hang onto and eventually post. But some posters sort of ruin things for me and that anticipation gives me pause to post.

I'll figure something out or just throw caution to the wind.
I'm meticulous about where I place it and how I state what I want to discuss in the thread.

I also use the disclaimer that bringing certain things into the conversations will result in me sending over my overfed brontosaurus to poop in front of their front door.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm meticulous about where I place it and how I state what I want to discuss in the thread.

I also use the disclaimer that bringing certain things into the conversations will result in me sending over my overfed brontosaurus to poop in front of their front door.
That's brilliant. Can I pet sit for you if I decide to post?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Yup and it drives Karen insane.
A little patience and you purchase the peace of mind of being on time by being early.

Don't know if that will help or not. Some things are just a part of a person's personality and hard to shake.