• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
A little patience and you purchase the peace of mind of being on time by being early.

Don't know if that will help or not. Some things are just a part of a person's personality and hard to shake.

The problem is when I say we need to leave at 11 I mean in the car backing out of the garage she feels it means that at 11 she should start thinking about a shower,

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
"Still Needlessly Taking Up Space"

Ooops, sorry. I meant to post that in the Epitaph thread.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
The problem is when I say we need to leave at 11 I mean in the car backing out of the garage she feels it means that at 11 she should start thinking about a shower,
My old advisor said that the key to a happy relationship was tolerance of the trivial differences between two people. I tend to agree, but sometimes those differences aren't so trivial.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You could move the time to "need to be their by 9:30 or 10" and see how that works.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
When I was a kid id hear my uncle use to tell his wife and kids he wanted to leave at 7:00. Id be downstairs at 7:00 and he’d be asleep on the couch and none of his family was even downstairs yet. They would finally be leaving around 8:30.

When I was older I asked him about it. He said if I told them the actual time I wanted to leave, it would be 1 to 1 1/2 hours later. So he always gave them a time 1 to 1 1/2 hours earlier than he wanted to leave

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a kid id hear my uncle use to tell his wife and kids he wanted to leave at 7:00. Id be downstairs at 7:00 and he’d be asleep on the couch and none of his family was even downstairs yet. They would finally be leaving around 8:30.

When I was older I asked him about it. He said if I told them the actual time I wanted to leave, it would be 1 to 1 1/2 hours later. So he always gave them a time 1 to 1 1/2 hours earlier than he wanted to leave
Your uncle sounds like a pretty wise man.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Become a minion of Dark Brandon now or suffer the consequences.

“Just like we drew it up,” (superbowl outcome)

GGG4YlpWoAAgZ08-2.jpg