• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The kangaroos are starting to wave and say hi. I'm finally one of the locals.View attachment 88233

Chuckle. When we moved here we were obviously outsiders. Some of the older Daglanaise* folk would ignore us. One day while out for a walk i noticed a prominent nonagenarian struggling to open the new cemetery gate. I strolled over, said "excusez-moi" and opened the gate for him.

That simple thing dragged me family kicking and screaming into the ranks of the nouvelle Daglanaise*

The guy wound up being a good and helpful friend, unfortunately he passed on.

* Daglanaise, name for people accepted into the village.

So what have you done to be accepted by your locals

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Chuckle. When we moved here we were obviously outsiders. Some of the older Daglanaise* folk would ignore us. One day while out for a walk i noticed a prominent nonagenarian struggling to open the new cemetery gate. I strolled over, said "excusez-moi" and opened the gate for him.

That simple thing dragged me family kicking and screaming into the ranks of the nouvelle Daglanaise*

The guy wound up being a good and helpful friend, unfortunately he passed on.

* Daglanaise, name for people accepted into the village.

So what have you done to be accepted by your locals

Somebody must have died and I was next inline.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
dead-man-walking-photo-u1

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The words you don't want to hear from your wife as she's giving you a trim, "I may have ****ed your moustache up". So now I either look like Hitler with a beard for a couple of weeks or shave off the moe and have a 1960's university professor look of beard and no moe.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The words you don't want to hear from your wife as she's giving you a trim, "I may have ****ed your moustache up". So now I either look like Hitler with a beard for a couple of weeks or shave off the moe and have a 1960's university professor look of beard and no moe.

Well, then you'd look like one of the greatest Presidents in American history.

1707863500912.jpeg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

You trust(ed) your better half to trim your facial hair? Wow

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
YOU married her. It's your damn fault, Loverboy!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You trust(ed) your better half to trim your facial hair? Wow
My wife has been cutting my since a barber before our wedding ignored what I asked for and butchered my hair. I have, of course, reciprocated by trimming her hair straight along her back below her shoulders because she wears a barrette and does not want anything fancy.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Sam mentioned going out to eat tomorrow... Asked what it the world got into him...

Every place will be crowded, staff over worked, food over priced...

I had to remind him that we've both mutually hated Valentine's Day for the entire duration of our marriage.

He's been watching too much YouTube, I think.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Sam mentioned going out to eat tomorrow... Asked what it the world got into him...

Every place will be crowded, staff over worked, food over priced...

I had to remind him that we've both mutually hated Valentine's Day for the entire duration of our marriage.

He's been watching too much YouTube, I think.
Hopefully what got into him is curable.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Hopefully what got into him is curable.
It really is too much YouTube...

He tends to mimic the values, habits, and even speech patterns of whoever his favorite YouTubers are.

I'm guessing one of them was talking about Valentine's Day plans recently. He did have kind of a dazed look when I reminded him neither of us had every observed the holiday before.

(That doesn't prevent us from taking advantage of the candy sales the next day.)