• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Can you make boots out of them?

Not sure if the skin has ever been used for anything, they're probably too small. When I was a kid we used to go for 2 weeks every may fishing, we'd go past an island everyday where they would hang up sharks and skin them, the bodies would be dumped to rot. I used to wonder what they did with the skin and I was desperate to stop and get some shark teeth from the rotting carcasses but my uncles, father or grandfather wouldn't stop the boat.

I did some googling, seems leatherjacket are filefish. I can't find a use for the skin other than bringing back memories of shark island.

Edit: I should have read all the article, it says the skins were used in finishing wooden boats.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The house guest dog is asleep on our bed. Our dog is asleep in the room I'm currently in. My wife has gone to bed. So I think it's a winning decision to go to sleep a few minutes early tonight for a change.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Another busy day win
Stopped for lunch, last nights left over curry, yes, it's a winner too

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure if the skin has ever been used for anything, they're probably too small. When I was a kid we used to go for 2 weeks every may fishing, we'd go past an island everyday where they would hang up sharks and skin them, the bodies would be dumped to rot. I used to wonder what they did with the skin and I was desperate to stop and get some shark teeth from the rotting carcasses but my uncles, father or grandfather wouldn't stop the boat.

I did some googling, seems leatherjacket are filefish. I can't find a use for the skin other than bringing back memories of shark island.

Edit: I should have read all the article, it says the skins were used in finishing wooden boats.
I knew I recognized that shape. File fish.

They boots out of so many things, including shark, that I wondered based on your description of leathery skin. Didn't think about size.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Watching Star Trek can improve one's ability to speak with AI. Of course, Kirk has matched wits with Landru, the M-5, Nomad, Norman, and left them a smoking ruin through pure logic.

a09b9c8cb2c193e345a0cea5a2b40d3dc5865bf2.gifv

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If the USA had a sane currency system rather than one dominated by businesses who demand the right to sell metal to the government, the penny and nickle would be gone because of the march of inflation over the decades.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

RIP.........Alexi Navalny