• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I learned about this yesterday and would have put it in "A bug for Dan" but I probably have the title wrong.

Ant death circles or spirals are a real thing. Ants will tend to follow other ants as they lay down a trail of pheromones. If somehow some ants begin to go into a circle that can grow and grow. Until there are hundreds to thousands of ants following each other until the starve to death.

"An ant mill was first described in 1921 by William Beebe, who observed a mill 1200 ft (~370 m) in circumference.[3] It took each ant two and a half hours to make one revolution."

Rats, It is just a minute long. But let's try another video:

Last edited:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I can't pull of what she can but I could run up to your front door, throw you a raspberry and race off

She's Chinese, that doesn't count.... they don't age like us old geezerly Americans...... Mrs Wu runs a 3 to 5 miles a day 7 days a week.... she is younger than me, but a lot older than most people think. Heck her mother was in her 70s and could out walk me, and was more flexible.... she went to 3 stations of a Gwan Yin Temple got down into what the Japanese call seiza and bowed her head to the floor all 3 times....

rsz_adobestock_133390235.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
She's Chinese, that doesn't count.... they don't age like us old geezerly Americans...... Mrs Wu runs a 3 to 5 miles a day 7 days a week.... she is younger than me, but a lot older than most people think. Heck her mother was in her 70s and could out walk me, and was more flexible.... she went to 3 stations of a Gwan Yin Temple got down into what the Japanese call seiza and bowed her head to the floor all 3 times....

rsz_adobestock_133390235.jpg
My dad is 72 and runs 6 miles a day.

Not bad for a guy that was told he'd be in a vvheel chair for life a decade ago.

Wu Wei

My dad is 72 and runs 6 miles a day.

Not bad for a guy that was told he'd be in a vvheel chair for life a decade ago.
My father was playing 18 holes of golf and doing about a dozen runs down the ski slope, and I was yelling at him for beinbg on the roof of his house in the winter clearing ice, in his early 70s..... then Parkinson hit and he went down fast

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My father was playing 18 holes of golf and doing about a dozen runs down the ski slope, and I was yelling at him for beinbg on the roof of his house in the winter clearing ice, in his early 70s..... then Parkinson hit and he went down fast
I'm sorry to hear that.

My dad had Guilleine-Barre(may have spelled that vvrong) that about killed him. He vvorked to get all his functions back, and managed except for severe hand tremors. Luckily, he doesn't do much vvith his hands, so he doesn't really care(no computer or smartphone).

Wu Wei

I'm sorry to hear that.

My dad had Guilleine-Barre(may have spelled that vvrong) that about killed him. He vvorked to get all his functions back, and managed except for severe hand tremors. Luckily, he doesn't do much vvith his hands, so he doesn't really care(no computer or smartphone).
Sorry to hear about your dad.
My dad passed away in 2012, he was 80.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Ares's school times moved up two hours tomorrow... (they're having early dismissal, so his class times moved).

I... don't know how getting him out of bed two hours early and telling him to do math is going to work. And if he objects, I'm not sure that's unreasonable.