• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Big Brother is watching us.
During the 60's, we used to assume the FBI was listening in to our phone calls. So we'd talk about topics to get them excited and then cal them "little man" as a gut poke. Our paranoia was fueled by what we were really doing (nothing that extreme) and the negative side effects of certain substances.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
During the 60's, we used to assume the FBI was listening in to our phone calls. So we'd talk about topics to get them excited and then cal them "little man" as a gut poke. Our paranoia was fueled by what we were really doing (nothing that extreme) and the negative side effects of certain substances.
I always assumed anyone listening into my calls would bore rather quickly..

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I was never so interesting...
I happened to be one of those our local campus minister would call and ask if a "friend" who was passing through could spend the night. It was understood that the friend was leaving the country either to avoid the draft or because he had gone AWOL from the military but that was totally unspoken and the friend was never asked why he was journeying.

It was also the time when for some reason, my student deferment was erased and I was classified 1A (aka cannon fodder). It turned out that our family lawyer was connected with the draft board and the issue resolved until the draft lottery was instituted and I got a high number which effectively meant I would not be called.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I happened to be one of those our local campus minister would call and ask if a "friend" who was passing through could spend the night. It was understood that the friend was leaving the country either to avoid the draft or because he had gone AWOL from the military but that was totally unspoken and the friend was never asked why he was journeying.
So good there was help for those that needed it...
It was also the time when for some reason, my student deferment was erased and I was classified 1A (aka cannon fodder). It turned out that our family lawyer was connected with the draft board and the issue resolved until the draft lottery was instituted and I got a high number which effectively meant I would not be called.
Those sound like terrifying times. :(