• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
A kid hits you on your bare calf with one and it extends beyond just appearance. They are woody and pokey when dry.

Found it. Mountain Devils, get one of these suckers in your foot and you remember to keep an eye out for them.

1709417871457.png

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Sorry. I have a colleague out and my workload has multiplied.

I am also a little tired of going over the same thing with the same people only to have what I have said ignored or waved away. I am suffering the jetlag of futility. I am coming to the conclusion that there are some people that do not want to be reached by engagement or cannot be.

I'm finding it more interesting to discuss the topics in general or with those that truly appear interested in discussion and debate rather than those making sacrosanct, absolutist declarations to which all must comply or remain forever flawed, failed and condemned for questioning or disagreeing.

As long as you weren't out having fun it's ok.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I wish I'd have known, you could have done mine at the same time
I was 20. I had some experience on farms, but none with cattle or, in this case, dairy cattle. My first task was to clean out 20 or 30 calf pens. They were covered, it turns out, with about 18 inches of compressed manure. It was like busting up particle board to get started. I also did not know that some of the stalls were still occupied. At one point, when I had been working really hard all morning, I removed my gloves, leaned on the fence of the pen and draped my hands over the sides. Suddenly, something grabbed my hand and started sucking on my fingers. Scared the daylights out of me. Then I saw this cute little calf that was apparently udderly confused.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Not much chance of that.

On top of everything else, I've been waking up in agony from my back. It seems like the universe conspires to keep me from sleeping. The reality is that it is just ordinary life and one of the myriad of problems that we variously must deal with on the journey.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I was 20. I had some experience on farms, but none with cattle or, in this case, dairy cattle. My first task was to clean out 20 or 30 calf pens. They were covered, it turns out, with about 18 inches of compressed manure. It was like busting up particle board to get started. I also did not know that some of the stalls were still occupied. At one point, when I had been working really hard all morning, I removed my gloves, leaned on the fence of the pen and draped my hands over the sides. Suddenly, something grabbed my hand and started sucking on my fingers. Scared the daylights out of me. Then I saw this cute little calf that was apparently udderly confused.

Born and rised on a dairy farm, 80 to 100 cows, my before school chore was clean out the cow sheds, it paid pocket money.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Born and rised on a dairy farm, 80 to 100 cows, my before school chore was clean out the cow sheds, it paid pocket money.
Considering the odor that was released when getting passed that top layer, it should have included a respirator and a hazardous duty bump in pay.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
You are always so thoughtful.....
Not much chance of that.

On top of everything else, I've been waking up in agony from my back. It seems like the universe conspires to keep me from sleeping. The reality is that it is just ordinary life and one of the myriad of problems that we variously must deal with on the journey.,
Dan, you are so kind.....STOP IT! Don't be nice to yourself,man......Get on the war path and be angry and miserable like the rest of us...!

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You are always so thoughtful.....

Dan, you are so kind.....STOP IT! Don't be nice to yourself,man......Get on the war path and be angry and miserable like the rest of us...!
I've done that. I've seen others do it too. In fact, it is the example of others that has been the most memorable and informative in impressing me with the futility of blind anger.

I prefer how trees do it and stand fast in wind, rain, sun and snow. Never bothered by those things and ever being the best trees they can be.