• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
Not once since I read "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" have I ever searched for "Turkish Delight" assuming it was an author's "conceit" but I just did.
I thought the same until I encountered it in an import store. Glad I'm not alone.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Not once since I read "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" have I ever searched for "Turkish Delight" assuming it was an author's "conceit" but I just did.
I had some a long time ago and got rather fond of it. It is probably sweeter than a lot of foreign (to the US) confections, but I rather like it for the variety of flavors and the novelty. The texture is gummy, but smoother and doesn't stick in my teeth. With a rabbit that is important.

I've read some of Lewis' books, but never read the Narnia books.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I thought the same until I encountered it in an import store. Glad I'm not alone.
Another bird.

I would say, based on the evidence, that responders in this thread favor animal motifs in their choice of avatar.

Hermit thrush isn't it?

That is where I buy mine. Local global import food market.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Another bird.

I would say, based on the evidence, that responders in this thread favor animal motifs in their choice of avatar.

Hermit thrush isn't it?

That is where I buy mine. Local global import food market.

Move here, you can get Turkish delight and Yorkshire tea in any grocery store

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Although I'm not sure why anyone would put Turkish delight in their mouth. I don't find the texture pleasant

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Although I'm not sure why anyone would put Turkish delight in their mouth. I don't find the texture pleasant
That seems to be an issue for a lot of people. I said gummy, but that doesn't quite describe it. It doesn't stick to my teeth the way I recognize something gummy would. It is softer than that.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
When I was a kid, I never wanted to go to bed. Now as an adult, I can't wait. Gotta go.

Everyone of you is a winner in my book. Just not in this thread.

I win again.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
I win today with over $100 worth of freebies due to a scheduling error (waxing) and wanker cook who decided he didn't need a thermometer and served my mom a medium rare steak even though she ordered it medium well, and when it went back it came back medium rare with the very outside being medium.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
With a vowel movement like that, you'd be insane too. And it is Mizzuree and not Mizzurah like some people call it. That just drives me even deeper into the warren of my insanability. It has gotten so bad, I'm making up words.
I side with Tech9 and call it "misery."
About the only other thing I know about the state is it really weirds me out when someone says I'm from the South.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Good morning win.

bonjour_006.jpg