• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Apparently, my crew ticked off the 'Elders' on the last trip to clean out Grandma's house.

Ares took a bunch of silverware. He did ask for it. Apparently, those who he asked didn't understand what he was saying(he can be hard to understand) and gave him a simple "yeah, yeah, sure" (move along kid), not realizing what they were signing off on.

They told Sam to take all the tools he wanted. He did. Apparently, they didn't appreciate his gusto?

People are too sensitive...

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Apparently, my crew ticked off the 'Elders' on the last trip to clean out Grandma's house.

Ares took a bunch of silverware. He did ask for it. Apparently, those who he asked didn't understand what he was saying(he can be hard to understand) and gave him a simple "yeah, yeah, sure" (move along kid), not realizing what they were signing off on.

They told Sam to take all the tools he wanted. He did. Apparently, they didn't appreciate his gusto?

People are too sensitive...

Oh, I've read this a few times and finally worked it out lol

It got a little lost in translation, when you said ticked off I thought you meant "yep that's done" but you meant "annoyed them". And I Elders must have been the name of a store lol

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, I've read this a few times and finally worked it out lol

It got a little lost in translation, when you said ticked off I thought you meant "yep that's done" but you meant "annoyed them". And I Elders must have been the name of a store lol
The Elders were my dad, his wife, and my uncle lol

I think finishing a store trip would be more reasonable.

My thoughts were, if you can't understand the lad, ask for a translator. He's not dumb, and you very well just promised him your car when you assumed he was just speaking jibberish. And say what you mean. If you want someone to help themselves, say so. If you have a limit, say so.

It may be that I'm used to being around literal people, and don't much enjoy false niceties...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Elders were my dad, his wife, and my uncle lol

I think finishing a store trip would be more reasonable.

My thoughts were, if you can't understand the lad, ask for a translator. He's not dumb, and you very well just promised him your car when you assumed he was just speaking jibberish. And say what you mean. If you want someone to help themselves, say so. If you have a limit, say so.

It may be that I'm used to being around literal people, and don't much enjoy false niceties...
One of my marriage issues was just that. My wife would say "I think I probably might like to go to a movie" and when I told her to let me know when she made up her mind, she'd be pissed. After a while we learned to translate each other's speech but it was a PITA for quite some time.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Happy Saturday morning...

0d93071b331561cc0e4cca18a154747a.gif

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Back from the hairdresser, had lunch, prepared dinner, rest of the day to relax, that's winning.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Is your little brain all you have or is it some sort of auxiliary brain to back up the larger one? I'm not up on my tree anatomy. After what I saw, I'm not going out on a limb and will leave it at that for you to root out.
I don't know, you may be climbing up the wrong tree, Dan...