• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I had to look up IEP - Individual Education Program
The complication with those come because they're a legal document, and they're really hard to get. If you end it, its hard to put it back in place. So we need to figure out a way to keep it in place without him receiving daily instruction from a teacher or staff. I think his goals likely need to be readjusted, too... they are still the same as before his mental health crisis, and a lot has changed.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge , is Ares unique and does not fall into recognized categories..?
He's certainly unique...

But he is a little different, generally speaking. When one thinks of 'autism', they tend to imagine the hypersensitive end of things. He's on the hyposensitive end, so it looks very different.

Also, most people hear 'autism' and assume the problems are stemming from that... With him, more of the problems have come from bipolar(the two together are a doozy).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To change the subject a bit, the guy in the story was a winner for trying and for realizing he was way way over his head

Charity steps in to rehome 300 cats from ‘overwhelmed’ man in Canada

Man says he ended up in ‘a crazy situation’ after he began taking in cats abandoned during Covid pandemic

He had tried to give away the cats, but with little luck. Instead, he found himself spending thousands of dollars a month – at times going without food himself – to ensure they had the 28kg of food a day they needed and to buy cat litter for their 10 litter boxes.

He said he had named each one of the cats. “I love every one of them,” he said. “I wanted to give them a safe home.”
It also appeared that he had done his best to care for the animals, even as their population rocketed. “I have never seen so many cats in good condition, they appear to be in good condition,” she said.

“And the fact that they’re sociable is incredible. It’s quite shocking, actually.”

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
To change the subject a bit, the guy in the story was a winner for trying and for realizing he was way way over his head

Charity steps in to rehome 300 cats from ‘overwhelmed’ man in Canada

Man says he ended up in ‘a crazy situation’ after he began taking in cats abandoned during Covid pandemic

He had tried to give away the cats, but with little luck. Instead, he found himself spending thousands of dollars a month – at times going without food himself – to ensure they had the 28kg of food a day they needed and to buy cat litter for their 10 litter boxes.

He said he had named each one of the cats. “I love every one of them,” he said. “I wanted to give them a safe home.”
It also appeared that he had done his best to care for the animals, even as their population rocketed. “I have never seen so many cats in good condition, they appear to be in good condition,” she said.

“And the fact that they’re sociable is incredible. It’s quite shocking, actually.”
Did better than most could... 9 is enough. I cannot, in my wildest dreams, imagine 300.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Winning after making the drill press trade
with the Ford Piquette Ave Museum.
Great people there. Easy move.
And I finally got to see the finished secret
Model T Development Lab with the tools
I supplied. A great winning day!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Beans on toast for breakfast!

Green beens?
phoebe-ew.gif

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
My wife and granddaughters saw Dune yesterday, my daughter and son-in-law are seeing it today. I will never see it.