• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
1718915948887.jpeg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I hate forms...

Someone emailed me forms to fill out. They come in an attachment. I click all over this attachment, but it won't let me type on it...

I put the answers in the email and sent it back. I wasn't sure what else to do. No, that wasn't the right thing. I was supposed to print the forms, take pictures of the forms, and send them back.

I don't have a printer. I don't have a smartphone, and my computer camera is terrible.

So I'll have to find someone with a printer, and then send these snail mail...

Forms suck.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I hate forms...

Someone emailed me forms to fill out. They come in an attachment. I click all over this attachment, but it won't let me type on it...

I put the answers in the email and sent it back. I wasn't sure what else to do. No, that wasn't the right thing. I was supposed to print the forms, take pictures of the forms, and send them back.

I don't have a printer. I don't have a smartphone, and my computer camera is terrible.

Forms suck.
Welcome to my world. OK so it's actually a good thing that my knee is jacked up because I have spent HOURS on the phone, mostly on hold. OK so here's one thing - someone somewhere marked my loan, which was paid off two years ago, as still pending, so I have had to get a form from them which is ORIGINAL, and then I have to send it, with a $2 check, which I also had to order, along with a form that I wasn't able to fill out, only print, to the BMV or DMV or whatever. They actually did send this form, to some address that I haven't lived at for years, and to be honest I don't even know why they had it since I paid off the loan from another address, but whatever. And I didn't originate the loan from that address for that matter. Why did they have it and why did they send the original to that address? Also, I called to let the healthcare.gov people my new address, and also I wanted to cancel a short term policy because I got a long term policy FROM THEM. But they canceled both policies, which I very clearly told them not to do, and so now I have to pay the premium PLUS the doctor's appts for my knee. My new insurance starts up July 1. Ugh. There's more but I won't bore you, I am boring myself.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to my world. OK so it's actually a good thing that my knee is jacked up because I have spent HOURS on the phone, mostly on hold. OK so here's one thing - someone somewhere marked my loan, which was paid off two years ago, as still pending, so I have had to get a form from them which is ORIGINAL, and then I have to send it, with a $2 check, which I also had to order, along with a form that I wasn't able to fill out, only print, to the BMV or DMV or whatever. They actually did send this form, to some address that I haven't lived at for years, and to be honest I don't even know why they had it since I paid off the loan from another address, but whatever. And I didn't originate the loan from that address for that matter. Why did they have it and why did they send the original to that address? Also, I called to let the healthcare.gov people my new address, and also I wanted to cancel a short term policy because I got a long term policy FROM THEM. But they canceled both policies, which I very clearly told them not to do, and so now I have to pay the premium PLUS the doctor's appts for my knee. My new insurance starts up July 1. Ugh. There's more but I won't bore you, I am boring myself.
The only proper place for this kind of paperwork is on the loo roll...

Kathryn

Getting my vehicle registered is horrible, I tell you, horrible. Like incredibly complicated. Like, I am wondering how people who move here even do it.

Kathryn

I've never had to move states(or, I should say, had the privilege of doing so), but I hear that's a pain in the hindquarters.
It is and this is the worst ever (moving from Texas to Ohio) but I've moved many times interstate and this is just terrible. For starters, you have to change EVERYTHING, even your hairdresser. Your dentist. Your doctors. Your vehicle plates. Everything.

But hey, I can tell a person how to do it, and how not to do it!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It is and this is the worst ever (moving from Texas to Ohio) but I've moved many times interstate and this is just terrible. For starters, you have to change EVERYTHING, even your hairdresser. Your dentist. Your doctors. Your vehicle plates. Everything.

Well... I don't have a doctor, dentist, or hairdresser, so that would be easy, at least.

I think I'd have to drive back for the kids' doctor. He's not replaceable.

Kathryn

OK so get this: I took out a payment of many thousands of dollars (out of investment accounts) to buy this house. I kept scrupulous records, and I thought the time frame to do so was 90 days, but NO, it's 60 days. Who can buy and sell and close on a house in 60 days? Not me, not where I lived. Anyway, so, SO. Now I owe thousands of dollars that I will never see again, in April of next year, or October since I always file an extension on my taxes. And with a partial year in Texas and a partial year in Ohio, and I received the "loan" in February but didn't pay it back till May, (nearly every bit of it) so partially in Texas and partially in Ohio, I have to hire a CPA to do my taxes anyway, so there's even more money. Plus I needed new tires sooner because I drove from Texas to Ohio and had to spend hundreds of dollars on new tires. PLUS I still owed a smallish amount because I financed my ADT stuff through ADT for a few years, so I had to pay them off. And don't even get me started on the movers themselves, which were PANTHER MOVERS who were subsidizing MAYFLOWER MOVERS, who had to pack up everything and move everything and they basically dumped a ton of stuff in my garage, which I then injured my knee and couldn't unpack it after a few weeks (thankfully I was able to unpack some of it before I hurt my knee so badly). Good grief! I have spent thousands of dollars moving which I will never, ever see back. Not to mention that I am paying a TON more for health insurance here but less on auto insurance so it almost but not quite evens out, thank goodness. Anyway, I am sure I have left out something but it's been thousands of dollars just to move. Oh, and the above ground pool that I was so happy about? I had it taken out but at least I did break even by selling the pool equipment on a social media site, for pennies on the dollar but at that point I swear I did not even care.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I hate forms...

Forms suck.

I hate how everyone expects you to have a smart phone and be a master of it. I went to the RTA (similar to your DMV) a few months back and I'm greeted at the door and asked what my email address is, I gave it then he says we'll email you when it's your turn. I said I live 40 minutes drive away so I'll be waiting here and he says that's fine. So I'm a little confused and ask why did they need my email and he again says so we can let you know when it's your turn. This goes on for a while until I work it out and tell him my phone is in the car and it wouldn't help if I had it because I don't know how to get emails on it. Why can't they just call my name!!! And!!!! I was the only person in there, I went straight to the counter.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
OK so get this: I took out a payment of many thousands of dollars (out of investment accounts) to buy this house. I kept scrupulous records, and I thought the time frame to do so was 90 days, but NO, it's 60 days. Who can buy and sell and close on a house in 60 days? Not me, not where I lived. Anyway, so, SO. Now I owe thousands of dollars that I will never see again, in April of next year, or October since I always file an extension on my taxes. And with a partial year in Texas and a partial year in Ohio, and I received the "loan" in February but didn't pay it back till May, (nearly every bit of it) so partially in Texas and partially in Ohio, I have to hire a CPA to do my taxes anyway, so there's even more money. Plus I needed new tires sooner because I drove from Texas to Ohio and had to spend hundreds of dollars on new tires. PLUS I still owed a smallish amount because I financed my ADT stuff through ADT for a few years, so I had to pay them off. And don't even get me started on the movers themselves, which were PANTHER MOVERS who were subsidizing MAYFLOWER MOVERS, who had to pack up everything and move everything and they basically dumped a ton of stuff in my garage, which I then injured my knee and couldn't unpack it after a few weeks (thankfully I was able to unpack some of it before I hurt my knee so badly). Good grief! I have spent thousands of dollars moving which I will never, ever see back. Not to mention that I am paying a TON more for health insurance here but less on auto insurance so it almost but not quite evens out, thank goodness. Anyway, I am sure I have left out something but it's been thousands of dollars just to move. Oh, and the above ground pool that I was so happy about? I had it taken out but at least I did break even by selling the pool equipment on a social media site, for pennies on the dollar but at that point I swear I did not even care.
That sounds confusing, baffling, and a hot mess... :(
I hate how everyone expects you to have a smart phone and be a master of it. I went to the RTA (similar to your DMV) a few months back and I'm greeted at the door and asked what my email address is, I gave it then he says we'll email you when it's your turn. I said I live 40 minutes drive away so I'll be waiting here and he says that's fine. So I'm a little confused and ask why did they need my email and he again says so we can let you know when it's your turn. This goes on for a while until I work it out and tell him my phone is in the car and it wouldn't help if I had it because I don't know how to get emails on it. Why can't they just call my name!!! And!!!! I was the only person in there, I went straight to the counter.
I don't understand it at all...

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Moving sucks. I hope to never do it again.

Last edited:

Kathryn

That sounds confusing, baffling, and a hot mess... :(

I don't understand it at all...
It has been horrible, I swear. The only "good" news is that I no longer care about tens of hundreds of dollars, just thousands of dollars.

I don't understand the entire world, honestly, and I consider myself to be pretty tech savvy.