• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
6306ef47f31ca-stupid-people-facebook-7-6304d9c072405__700.jpg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
7852fb22c4-poster.jpg

You've been warned. Geek win today. Ticketing system stopped sending/receiving emails. The fix:

Update Email Due to Microsoft OAuth2 access expiration​

Microsoft OAUTH2 authentication, "Client secret" password expires after a specified time. The client secret password must be regenerated and updated in the application. Right now the maximum life is 2 years so we should use that lifespan if possible.

To generate a new client secret password - Microsoft section
  1. open the Microsoft 365 admin center and select "Microsoft Entra".
  2. Then on the left side menu select Applications/App Registrations.
  3. Then OSTicket will appear and show if the "Certificates & Secrets" is current or expired.
  4. Before it expires, click on OAuth for OSTicket (the name can be changed. I made the name include June 2024 for clarity.
  5. There is a "Certificates & Secrets" option not in the grey area but to the right.
  6. Click on that and you can then select "New client secret" to create a new app password.
  7. The "Value" field is the new password which needs to be saved as it's hidden soon afterwards.
Update OSTicket.
  1. First login to Microsoft outlook as the user "xyz". This is necessary because otherwise the update will fail with incorrect user.
  2. That value needs to be updated in OSTicket starting in the "Admin Panel"
  3. In admin panel select "emails"
  4. In emails select "support email" (the only one as of 6/21/2024)
  5. Under mailbox/authentication select config
  6. Select IdP config
  7. Enter the new client secret password in the appropriate line
  8. Select "Submit" and you get a green OK back
  9. Test email by going to "Diagnostic"
  10. Select from xyz..., enter your own email, a dummy message and "Send message". After a few minutes you should receive an email
  11. Verify receiving email by sending xyz... a test message and make sure a ticket is generated.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
You've been warned. Geek win today. Ticketing system stopped sending/receiving emails. The fix:

Update Email Due to Microsoft OAuth2 access expiration​

Microsoft OAUTH2 authentication, "Client secret" password expires after a specified time. The client secret password must be regenerated and updated in the application. Right now the maximum life is 2 years so we should use that lifespan if possible.

To generate a new client secret password - Microsoft section
  1. open the Microsoft 365 admin center and select "Microsoft Entra".
  2. Then on the left side menu select Applications/App Registrations.
  3. Then OSTicket will appear and show if the "Certificates & Secrets" is current or expired.
  4. Before it expires, click on OAuth for OSTicket (the name can be changed. I made the name include June 2024 for clarity.
  5. There is a "Certificates & Secrets" option not in the grey area but to the right.
  6. Click on that and you can then select "New client secret" to create a new app password.
  7. The "Value" field is the new password which needs to be saved as it's hidden soon afterwards.
Update OSTicket.
  1. First login to Microsoft outlook as the user "xyz". This is necessary because otherwise the update will fail with incorrect user.
  2. That value needs to be updated in OSTicket starting in the "Admin Panel"
  3. In admin panel select "emails"
  4. In emails select "support email" (the only one as of 6/21/2024)
  5. Under mailbox/authentication select config
  6. Select IdP config
  7. Enter the new client secret password in the appropriate line
  8. Select "Submit" and you get a green OK back
  9. Test email by going to "Diagnostic"
  10. Select from xyz..., enter your own email, a dummy message and "Send message". After a few minutes you should receive an email
  11. Verify receiving email by sending xyz... a test message and make sure a ticket is generated.
When the centralized IT operations at the state, they took email too. I had a problem with my email, it would not open. I checked their website and it said if you have problems with your email, please send an email to the help desk..... I called them...they told me I needed to send an email..... i actually had to explain to them, that if my email is not working.... I can't send an email......

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
reading other threads..... and I am winning by NOT posting..."I have never read anything so idiotic in my life"

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
When the centralized IT operations at the state, they took email too. I had a problem with my email, it would not open. I checked their website and it said if you have problems with your email, please send an email to the help desk..... I called them...they told me I needed to send an email..... i actually had to explain to them, that if my email is not working.... I can't send an email......
Very much a Dilbert moment...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Fortunately where I volunteer I am part of what passes for a helpdesk so there was zero bureaucracy involved - just technical wand waving.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Cold, windy and raining. I've gone to bed and buried myself under 2 doonas with a 3rd on standby. The dog is curled up so tight I can't tell where she starts and finishes.