• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
If it were only that simple, but burps don't scare me. Not that much anyway.
Last week at Ares's speech therapy, she was asking him social questions. One was "what do you say after you burp?"

He stared at her for awhile, and she asked a few more times. Finally, he said "don't know". She told him "excuse me. You say excuse me."

I told her the correct answer for our house is "good one".

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I always had the socially correct answer and then our own answer. LOL
With the older two, I had so many other concerns, social rules that I didn't quite understand anyways weren't a priority.

Are you present? (LeeAnder wandered, Ares runs off) Are your clothes covering what needs to be covered? Have you absentmindedly swiped anything? (It really wasn't malicious.) Are you chewing on something not to be chewed on?

Yudhi's easy, but we don't want him to feel left out. So, its "good one" for him, too.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
With the older two, I had so many other concerns, social rules that I didn't quite understand anyways weren't a priority.

Are you present? (LeeAnder wandered, Ares runs off) Are your clothes covering what needs to be covered? Have you absentmindedly swiped anything? (It really wasn't malicious.) Are you chewing on something not to be chewed on?

Yudhi's easy, but we don't want him to feel left out. So, its "good one" for him, too.
Oh, honey, I am from the south. Social rules are always front and center around my house.

Kathryn

Sam is from the South.

I wouldn't make it there.

I suspect its my complete disregard for social convention that attracted him anyways.
Perhaps. Who knows what laws of attraction happened?

I was born in New Orleans and raised mostly in the south as well. I lived in NE Texas for 30 years! Oh, and I went to high school and college in Georgia (lived there ten years). Now I live in Ohio and wow, it's different up here.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I was pretty rude and crude to him during our first conversation. It was a phone call, and one I didn't want to have.

He seemed to enjoy the abuse, because he kept calling back. (And yes, I burped in his ear.)

I guess as a kid he had a friend that told him over and over he'd grow up to marry someone from the north. And he did.
I was born in New Orleans and raised mostly in the south as well. I lived in NE Texas for 30 years! Now I live in Ohio and wow, it's different up here.
Sam went through major culture shock moving from the south to here(for him, he kind of bounced around the Carolinas and Georgia). He's never really adjusted.

Has it been hard for you?

Kathryn

I was pretty rude and crude to him during our first conversation. It was a phone call, and one I didn't want to have.

He seemed to enjoy the abuse, because he kept calling back. (And yes, I burped in his ear.)

I guess as a kid he had a friend that told him over and over he'd grow up to marry someone from the north. And he did.

Sam went through major culture shock moving from the south to here(for him, he kind of bounced around the Carolinas and Georgia). He's never really adjusted.

Has it been hard for you?
Not really but I am an extrovert so I make friends just about everywhere I go. Plus I am a former military brat and wife, who actually loved it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Not really but I am an extrovert so I make friends just about everywhere I go. Plus I am a former military brat and wife, who actually loved it.
I'm an extrovert, but I struggle to really connect with people much of the time.

I suppose if you've got a military background, moving is no big deal!

Kathryn

I'm an extrovert, but I struggle to really connect with people much of the time.

I suppose if you've got a military background, moving is no big deal!
It's not that big a deal. However, this last move proved otherwise because of my injury to my knee, meaning I had to totally rest it for like six weeks! It was crazy.

Kathryn

That seemed like a tough time for you.
It has been horrible but things are slowly looking up. For instance, I did start going back to the gym this week, so that's good. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my days off (and Sundays). The two hardest things for me have been 1) I am still living out of boxes and in the past, my entire house would have already been set up, and 2) my yard.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I was born in New Orleans and raised mostly in the south as well. I lived in NE Texas for 30 years! Oh, and I went to high school and college in Georgia (lived there ten years). Now I live in Ohio and wow, it's different up here.

My grandfather was born in Morgan City, LA, where his family grew sugar cane. He ran away as a youth and eventually wound up in California, but we visited some of his family still in that area. A lot of them were in the oil business. It was just too swampy for me - humid, full of bugs. But they like their swamps, so good luck to 'em. I was visiting my great-grandparents' gravesite, and the graves are in tombs above ground - because of the flooding, and while I was standing there, I realized that I must have been near a colony of ants, who started crawling all over my foot and up my leg.
I also lived in upstate NY - and after my parents' divorce, I was moving back and forth between mom in California and dad in NY - and the contrast between the two regions is quite stark. Then we moved to Arizona while I was still in high school. Arizona is kind of like a cross between California and Texas - and pretty hot most of the time.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Interesting. Not a common event. They usually need a reason.
Maybe it was an African Killer Bee

s-l400.jpg

Kathryn

My grandfather was born in Morgan City, LA, where his family grew sugar cane. He ran away as a youth and eventually wound up in California, but we visited some of his family still in that area. A lot of them were in the oil business. It was just too swampy for me - humid, full of bugs. But they like their swamps, so good luck to 'em. I was visiting my great-grandparents' gravesite, and the graves are in tombs above ground - because of the flooding, and while I was standing there, I realized that I must have been near a colony of ants, who started crawling all over my foot and up my leg.
I also lived in upstate NY - and after my parents' divorce, I was moving back and forth between mom in California and dad in NY - and the contrast between the two regions is quite stark. Then we moved to Arizona while I was still in high school. Arizona is kind of like a cross between California and Texas - and pretty hot most of the time.
I have heard that the flatter parts of Arizona are hotter than Texas. I don't know, I've only been to the more hilly parts of Arizona, where I immediately got a nose bleed, I might add, probably because it had about zero humidity and I am acclimated to a much higher amount. I don't care for the bugs though, for sure.