• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It has been horrible but things are slowly looking up. For instance, I did start going back to the gym this week, so that's good. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my days off (and Sundays). The two hardest things for me have been 1) I am still living out of boxes and in the past, my entire house would have already been set up, and 2) my yard.
How long have you been moved?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have heard that the flatter parts of Arizona are hotter than Texas. I don't know, I've only been to the more hilly parts of Arizona, where I immediately got a nose bleed, I might add, probably because it had about zero humidity and I am acclimated to a much higher amount. I don't care for the bugs though, for sure.

Yes, the flat regions are pretty hot. The hottest areas are in the northwestern part of the state, where Arizona borders with Nevada and California, which are even hotter in the Death Valley region. But there are also mountainous regions which get rather cold and snowy in the winter. But, pretty much from west Texas to the Pacific coastal area, the Southwest is pretty hot and arid, for the most part. Today, it will be hot again.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
@Stevicus

what the heck is the deal with Phoenix

Another heat record toppled Saturday when Phoenix set the mark for the most 110-degree days in a single year. Arizona's capital city hit 110 degrees at 1 p.m., making it 54 days in 2023 of reaching that mark, topping the previous record of 53 set in 2020.

That's just to dang hot.... everyone there should turn your AC on high, leave the fridge open, and open all your doors and windows to cool the place down

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yes, the flat regions are pretty hot. The hottest areas are in the northwestern part of the state, where Arizona borders with Nevada and California, which are even hotter in the Death Valley region. But there are also mountainous regions which get rather cold and snowy in the winter. But, pretty much from west Texas to the Pacific coastal area, the Southwest is pretty hot and arid, for the most part. Today, it will be hot again.
I went to Sedona or whatever it's called and Winslow and all points in between. I also saw the Grand Canyon which was very interesting.

Wu Wei

Winning after seeing a car on the road here in the USA that I have never seen on the road here in the USA before...

A Citroen CV2
2CV_3_1.jpg

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Don't say Death Valley to an old person (@John53).

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
That is not the one I saw. But was I saw was completely yellow and also looked like new. That is just the closert picture I could find to the model I saw
Did that yellow CV2 disappear with its occupants? Were they tasty? .........I wonder....

Wu Wei

Did that yellow CV2 disappear with its occupants? Were they tasty? .........I wonder....
had an occupant but it was going about 50mph in a 55mph zone.... and I am not a fan of French food, so I did not do anything but watch it go by

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
@Stevicus

what the heck is the deal with Phoenix

Another heat record toppled Saturday when Phoenix set the mark for the most 110-degree days in a single year. Arizona's capital city hit 110 degrees at 1 p.m., making it 54 days in 2023 of reaching that mark, topping the previous record of 53 set in 2020.

That's just to dang hot.... everyone there should turn your AC on high, leave the fridge open, and open all your doors and windows to cool the place down

Cold showers sometimes help.