• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I don't dislike kale. Just don't crave it like it was asparagus or turnips.

I love turnips! White ones raw and yellow ones (we call them Swedes) boiled and mashed with lots of pepper and some garlic. I grew a heap of white ones this year and ate them when they were about radish size.

This is a swede, I think you call them rutabagas? Rutabaga sounds like a car to me.

1720992981790.jpeg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I love turnips! White ones raw and yellow ones (we call them Swedes) boiled and mashed with lots of pepper and some garlic. I grew a heap of white ones this year and ate them when they were about radish size.

This is a swede, I think you call them rutabagas? Rutabaga sounds like a car to me.

View attachment 94174
Rutabagas are hard to find here. Not impossible, but difficult.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I did not realize that they are a close relative to the thistle until I saw a plant that my neighbor was growing. It had one choke on it, but then her dog took care of that.
I've tried growing them, but I always choke.

Thank you. Don't forget to tip your waiter.