• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I think the sleep aid is starting to really set in. Good night everybody. Hope you all have a great rest of your day.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Wow.......Thanks......I thought they were shooting at me.... Damn Torres
Why is it that I just about get out of this thread and at the same time you show up. I'm seriously not doing that on purpose, but it has happened more than a couple of times.

Hope you have a good evening too @Stonetree.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
No. I don't poop outside

Then explain my front yard!

But the dogs do and impressively sometimes.

I have never witnessed one first hand, but I've heard about them. Afghans could reasonably be described as greyhounds with lots of long hair. They are fast and agile. Leo can jump high enough he might be able to clear the fence if he could figure out to use the dog house as a launching pad.

I'm not sure I'm impressed with the general intelligence of the breed in some circumstances, but Leo seems to be highly intelligent for the most part. The dog can tell the time of the week and knows the day he and Teena get to go to the spa. And you can't spell things around him. He has figured out what some of that means (he associates the sounds with something he wants anyway).

One of my friends raced Greyhounds and I would often go with him, I witnessed 2 Afghan races, they were highly amusing. One of them they all walked out of the box and looked around.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Then explain my front yard!
Overexuberance.
One of my friends raced Greyhounds and I would often go with him, I witnessed 2 Afghan races, they were highly amusing. One of them they all walked out of the box and looked around.
It is mostly for show, but if they had the proper training and experience, it would be like watching very graceful greyhounds with long flowing hair race each other.

From what I've seen now is much like that video you posted. They get very disorganized.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Its just some auto guy that resets the line. (At least that's all the farther I got with it.)

I had wondered. When I deal with 1st level (that guy) who is not "programmed" to do anything but what he does, then the trick becomes to find a trigger to get him to do more. Of course, you might be far ahead of me and tried this all already but maybe something will be new.

Given my IT background, I would do something like "we've tried that a number of times. The connection is still going out. I wanted to set up an appointment but I don't have a smart phone which appears to be required. Can you help set up that appointment? If not then, "can you refer me to someone who can.?" Can you "open a trouble ticket for me"? (If he does, great) (if not:) please check with your supervisor or connect me to him. And you can ask him what information would be helpful the next time it occurs - what program you could try. (if not then: "how you help me because I'm in a terrible bind?. If you have to take some time, I'll wait" If he hangs up, persistence uber alles. - Calling back "I was talking with X and we were accidentally cut off (even though he hung up). Then the dance begins again.

The idea is to not take 'no' for an answer.

If I were you and you went down that path, I'd have all the questions on a piece of paper ahead of time.

FYI, I'd use tech jargon "Intermittent failure" not "goes out..." and "can you escalate..." "trouble ticket" "when the line apparently goes down, "I tried to ping google.com", "the lights on my modem showed this pattern". "When I tried to run "speedtest", this is what I saw.

NB: You are a knowledgeable and patient person who understands that the person you are talking to is at the bottom of the heap and has to put up with a lot of abuse. You are, of course, not like that and are instead being politely and patiently pushy.

PS: I know I've slipped into a stereotypical male problem solver mode rather than being an empathic listener but I could not help myself. I yam what I yam.

Last edited:

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I've found the next Mike Tyson and his *****.

puppy-2726896_640.jpg

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I had wondered. When I deal with 1st level (that guy) who is not "programmed" to do anything but what he does, then the trick becomes to find a trigger to get him to do more. Of course, you might be far ahead of me and tried this all already but maybe something will be new.

Given my IT background, I would do something like "we've tried that a number of times. The connection is still going out. I wanted to set up an appointment but I don't have a smart phone which appears to be required. Can you help set up that appointment? If not then, "can you refer me to someone who can.?" Can you "open a trouble ticket for me"? (If he does, great) (if not:) please check with your supervisor or connect me to him. And you can ask him what information would be helpful the next time it occurs - what program you could try. (if not then: "how you help me because I'm in a terrible bind?. If you have to take some time, I'll wait" If he hangs up, persistence uber alles. - Calling back "I was talking with X and we were accidentally cut off (even though he hung up). Then the dance begins again.

The idea is to not take 'no' for an answer.

If I were you and you went down that path, I'd have all the questions on a piece of paper ahead of time.

FYI, I'd use tech jargon "Intermittent failure" not "goes out..." and "can you escalate..." "trouble ticket" "when the line apparently goes down, "I tried to ping google.com", "the lights on my modem showed this pattern". "When I tried to run "speedtest", this is what I saw.

NB: You are a knowledgeable and patient person who understands that the person you are talking to is at the bottom of the heap and has to put up with a lot of abuse. You are, of course, not like that and are instead being politely and patiently pushy.

PS: I know I've slipped into a stereotypical male problem solver mode rather than being an empathic listener but I could not help myself. I yam what I yam.
I'm going to copy/paste this into a file for next time when I have to deal with internet problems on the phone...

I appreciate problem solver mode. That's what I want to do; solve a problem.