• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since early Tuesday morning, it goes out at random intervals, sometimes for hours at a time.

And of course, you now cannot actually talk to a person for tech support, and must have a smartphone to set up an appointment.
I'm curious - what's that ISP's name?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I don’t know if I’m seeing things but my messages say 8857. Hmm I guess it’s more like 1143 before I’m a vet. I could’ve sworn it was in the 9 thousandths. How have I missed this for the past month? Haha

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Since early Tuesday morning, it goes out at random intervals, sometimes for hours at a time.

And of course, you now cannot actually talk to a person for tech support, and must have a smartphone to set up an appointment.

The days of talking to a human are gone

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Century Link

Its associated with Lumen, I guess.
I dug around on their web site and found a phone number. Theoretically they should help you but maybe you've already tried them and gotten nowhere?

Account and Tech Support
800-244-1111
Monday - Friday 8 am - 6 pm Local time

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don’t know if I’m seeing things but my messages say 8857. Hmm I guess it’s more like 1143 before I’m a vet. I could’ve sworn it was in the 9 thousandths. How have I missed this for the past month? Haha
Personally posting count is only one aspect of being a vet. Complaining about a new version of the software removing features is a critical point. Of course the old criteria is not valid any longer. Knowing what a frubal is (was) and why it was wonderful used to be important. Knowing the difference between blue and green DIRs from personal experience was also historically vet defining.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I dug around on their web site and found a phone number. Theoretically they should help you but maybe you've already tried them and gotten nowhere?

Account and Tech Support
800-244-1111
Monday - Friday 8 am - 6 pm Local time
Its just some auto guy that resets the line. (At least that's all the farther I got with it.)

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I moved from Texas to Ohio in April of this year to be closer to my family.
That must be a little different for you. I rather like Texas. It has history, culture and natural history that I enjoy. But Ohio is nice too. My older brother lived there for over 50 years and I have had a few chances to look around. Not as much looking as I have in Texas, but enough to get a good idea.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The good news is my satellite TV just started working again
I disconnected the modem once and all of a sudden doors flew open from all over the place and children were ambling around with lost looks wanting to know what happened. It was fun. And a little sad. We had a talk.

But I understand. I'm a little outraged when my connection to the wider world breaks down.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I disconnected the modem once and all of a sudden doors flew open from all over the place and children were ambling around with lost looks wanting to know what happened. It was fun. And a little sad. We had a talk.

But I understand. I'm a little outraged when my connection to the wider world breaks down.

I wasn't outraged, it was kind of amusing watching the news channels trying to broadcast from a broom cupboard using a Commodore 64

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What's "a talk"?
That seemed to be the general consensus of the group at the time. They are a little more talkative now, but it is often about what they saw online or on TV. The world has changed, as it always will I suppose.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I wasn't outraged, it was kind of amusing watching the news channels trying to broadcast from a broom cupboard using a Commodore 64
It was a bit much I know, but I just liked the word.

It's always amusing to watch others have to backtrack to former technology. Always, except when it happens to me. Then it isn't funny.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Hey, @John53, do you get the impression that some people have an over-developed sense of entitlement and they can walk all over others and become highly incensed when someone walks over them? Asking for a friend. You know the friend.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Hey, @John53, do you get the impression that some people have an over-developed sense of entitlement and they can walk all over others and become highly incensed when someone walks over them? Asking for a friend. You know the friend.

I can't for the life of me understand why people complain about debate on a debate forum. It's like going to the butcher and whinging they sell meat.

I think they either want to preach or they have such a high opinion of themselves they can't understand why someone would disagree

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I can't for the life of me understand why people complain about debate on a debate forum. It's like going to the butcher and whinging they sell meat.

I think they either want to preach or they have such a high opinion of themselves they can't understand why someone would disagree
I don't understand the anger. That's not entirely correct. I have an idea where I think some of it comes from, but still, it serves no purpose in stimulating any discussion.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

Preaching is pretty much my take on the participation there and with some others. The difference is in the message being preached. In the most recent case, the message seems to be how great and superior a person is and how much like dirt all those that disagree are.