• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Tonight is Friday, July 19.

Someone in the neighborhood is shooting off fireworks.

Celebrating...what? The Moon Landing anniversary tomorrow?
We have that here too. Fireworks in the middle of winter to celebrate February? Or trees? Or 'it's dark'? I used to be fascinated with them myself, but that seems to have abated greatly as I got older.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
We have that here too. Fireworks in the middle of winter to celebrate February? Or trees? Or 'it's dark'? I used to be fascinated with them myself, but that seems to have abated greatly as I got older.
I vote for "it's dark." When we'd visit my snowbird parents in the Rio Grande Valley it seemed to be a nightly occurrence...weekends were a little bit more active, but that was the only difference...

And there were fireworks stands roughly every second block...

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I vote for "it's dark." When we'd visit my snowbird parents in the Rio Grande Valley it seemed to be a nightly occurrence...weekends were a little bit more active, but that was the only difference...

And there were fireworks stands roughly every second block...
I live in a county where you can buy, possess and use fireworks year round. I don't have anything against them in particular. Fireworks and Star Trek were some of things that stimulated my interest in chemistry, but it seems like an obsession here.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like a lot of large poops to clean up.

No. I don't poop outside

But the dogs do and impressively sometimes.
Have you ever seen when they have an Afghan race at the greyhounds? It's kind of like herding cats

I have never witnessed one first hand, but I've heard about them. Afghans could reasonably be described as greyhounds with lots of long hair. They are fast and agile. Leo can jump high enough he might be able to clear the fence if he could figure out to use the dog house as a launching pad.

I'm not sure I'm impressed with the general intelligence of the breed in some circumstances, but Leo seems to be highly intelligent for the most part. The dog can tell the time of the week and knows the day he and Teena get to go to the spa. And you can't spell things around him. He has figured out what some of that means (he associates the sounds with something he wants anyway).