• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wirey

Fartist
1721516453970.png

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Mrs Wu asked me tioday, while in the French section in Montreal. If i wanted French food or did i want to go to Chinatown. I just looked at her….30 minutes later i was ordering Xiaolongbao in Chinatown…. That was a win
I want to try those. When I went to the University of Minnesota, which even back then was a BIG school with 55.000 students there was one Chinese restaurant that all of the students from China would go to. It was odd to be in almost all white Minnesota in a restaurant where I was a minority. The wait staff were also Chinese and the Chinese students ordered in Chinese as well. It was the best Chinese restaurant that I ever ate in, which I did whenever I could afford it. I am forever spoiled by that place. It is hard to find Chinese food that i like anywhere near as much since other restaurants have been excessively anglicized.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I want to try those. When I went to the University of Minnesota, which even back then was a BIG school with 55.000 students there was one Chinese restaurant that all of the students from China would go to. It was odd to be in almost all white Minnesota in a restaurant where I was a minority. The wait staff were also Chinese and the Chinese students ordered in Chinese as well. It was the best Chinese restaurant that I ever ate in, which I did whenever I could afford it. I am forever spoiled by that place. It is hard to find Chinese food that i like anywhere near as much since other restaurants have been excessively anglicized.
Many years ago in Framingham Massachusetts. I wanted Chinese food, but i did not want to drive to Boston for it so I decided to just give in and go to a typical Americanized fujian takeout place.

Went in ordered dumplings, not expecting much….. they were incredible… some of the best i ever had. It was not any meal time (lunch/dinner) so i was, surprisingly, the only person in the place. So I started talking to the lady behind the counter. I discovered the chef/owner was a trained chef from Hong Kong. His food was amazing. Several months later when i was going through Framingham i went to get more good food. Sadly the place was gone. No idea where he went.