• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm starting to get disillusioned with the video "Going Postal" for losing too much humor, turning it into a romcom and adding in a western "bandits chasing the stage" scene. I understand that some things have to be sacrificed but they're losing what made the book great too much and too often. And we also have Adora with her miniature clacks.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1727736925784.png

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
And one for @Wu Wei who has been holding out on us all this time:

Lick into shape​

To bring into satisfactory condition or appearance. In medieval bestiaries, you would find an unusual description of bears and how they give birth to their young. Here is how one 13th-century bestiary describes it:​
The bear gets its Latin name ‘ursus’ because it shapes its cubs with its mouth, from the Latin word ‘orsus’. For they are said to give birth to shapeless lumps of flesh, which the mother licks into shape. The bear’s tongue forms the young which it brings forth

The rest are here: 12 Expressions that we got from the Middle Ages - Medievalists.net
Well that's just plain wrong

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I think I want to go to bed.... but it is way to early..... I hate having to make these tough decisions