• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I enjoy going to the local international markets to see the different products available in other countries. Some really interesting food is out there to be sampled. Some perhaps a little too interesting. Every country seems to have different kinds of canned fish.

This won't help but... when I was in Vegas my step daughter would take me to the supermarket on the air force base. They had heaps of international stuff, I could get all the brands I'm used to here.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I enjoy going to the local international markets to see the different products available in other countries. Some really interesting food is out there to be sampled. Some perhaps a little too interesting. Every country seems to have different kinds of canned fish.
Didn't know that about the fish.

I keep mine in an aquarium.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
This won't help but... when I was in Vegas my step daughter would take me to the supermarket on the air force base. They had heaps of international stuff, I could get all the brands I'm used to here.
My family had post privileges that I lost turning 18. We could get lots of unusual fruits, vegetables, meats and canned goods. When I was in 1st grade, I planted papaya seeds in a box of soil and grew plants to about 2 feet. It was fun for show and tell. As a child I was eating a variety exotic foods that are much more common to the general public these days.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

There are some that I like, but it takes courage that I don't have to experiment and find out if any of the untested variety falls in that category.

Sometimes, aquariums are best for keeping fish. Pretty and interesting too.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

You reminded me. I was in one of the company warehouses the other day and saw some movement on the floor. I thought it was going to be a house centipede, but it was a gecko about 2 inches long. I tried to catch it, but it was too fast and I lost it. Geckos aren't native to Missouri, but I understand there are a few escapes in the St. Louis area. I don't think the winters will be too kind to them. They would have to find somewhere inside to reproduce and be able to leave in the warmer part of the year.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You reminded me. I was in one of the company warehouses the other day and saw some movement on the floor. I thought it was going to be a house centipede, but it was a gecko about 2 inches long. I tried to catch it, but it was too fast and I lost it. Geckos aren't native to Missouri, but I understand there are a few escapes in the St. Louis area. I don't think the winters will be too kind to them. They would have to find somewhere inside to reproduce and be able to leave in the warmer part of the year.
What kind of gecko?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
What kind of gecko?

This is a Robust Velvet Gecko that used to live in my garage. I haven't seen him for ages.

DSCN3440.JPG

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
He's pretty.

I used to have a pet leopard gecko. Had it about a decade, and then one of the cats busted the lid on its cage and that was the end of that.

I'd prefer a gecko to a cat.

Only problem with Robust Velvet Geckos is the stupid name. Why can't it just be Velvet Gecko?