• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Couldn't have been easy in plate armour.

Armour is actually quite light and easy to move in though vision can be restricted, and going for a pee is not easy.

A local castle puts on medieval weekends where you can eat food of the period, duel with expert swordsmen, try on real armour etc.

Yes I've been full togged up in metal, it's not at all as heavy and cumbersome as it looks

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Armour is actually quite light and easy to move in though vision can be restricted, and going for a pee is not easy.

A local castle puts on medieval weekends where you can eat food of the period, duel with expert swordsmen, try on real armour etc.

Yes I've been full togged up in metal, it's not at all as heavy and cumbersome as it looks
That sounds fun!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
That sounds fun!

It is, this is what i tried for size

M-Militaria-4-4CAug06-760x1201.jpg

There are a few such manifestations during the summer.

I also like the Belves medieval weekend, the whole town goes back 1000 years.

The town dresses up to to period

pxl_20220807_102014506.mp_.jpg

The town beggar

Stalls sell hand made stuff that would have been common
Camps are set up in village squares where soldiers, vikings, troubadours etc playact.

It's really good