• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
Leftover_Roast_Vegetable_Pie_0372_Web%20%281%29.jpg

Roasted Left-Over Vegetable Pie.
That actually looks pretty good. I'm a fan of Brussels sprouts. The crust looks good too.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Quorn's good.

I would do the same, but add a bit of parmesan.
Quorn is mycoprotein from Fusarium biomass. Probably has a fair amount of chitin in it too.

I haven't tried it, but I wouldn't be too bothered eating it once in a while if it tastes OK.

The cheese on the Brussels is always good in my view.

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to eat a vegetable burger that had black beans in it think. I didn't really taste like meat, but I rather liked it. They were spiced well to my taste. Not hot, just a good combo of herbs.
That's how I generally feel about vegetarian 'meat'. Enjoy it for itself, don't expect it to taste like something else.

I really don't know what meat tastes like, though.
Of course, everything is expensive these days.
I think Aldi is reasonable.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
That's how I generally feel about vegetarian 'meat'. Enjoy it for itself, don't expect it to taste like something else.
I agree. Some things like tofu take on the flavor of whatever they are in. I rather like that too.
I really don't know what meat tastes like, though.
Well, in my biased and subjective opinion, it tastes delicious. But as much as I like it, less would not hurt me.
I think Aldi is reasonable.
Yes, agreed. And they often have interesting things that they don't normally carry at very reasonable prices. If you get there before it is gone.