• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Imperfect
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree. Some things like tofu take on the flavor of whatever they are in. I rather like that too.
I love tofu prepared to be tofu.

I hate it as a 'replacement' or health food.
Well, in my biased and subjective opinion, it tastes delicious. But as much as I like it, less would not hurt me.

Yes, agreed. And they often have interesting things that they don't normally carry at very reasonable prices. If you get there before it is gone.
It seems specialty stuff goes slow here. Iowans aren't very experimental with their food, generally speaking.

More for me.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
I love tofu prepared to be tofu.
I'm not sure if I'm catching that. Perhaps that is the only way I've had it. Mostly in Asian food.
I hate it as a 'replacement' or health food.
I haven't had it as a meat substitute. Just in some dish.
It seems specialty stuff goes slow here. Iowans aren't very experimental with their food, generally speaking.
It's too bad that isn't the way it is here in metro area.
More for me.
That is my hope, but they are often dashed.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't mind going into bat for you. Not that it does any good, I may as well whack myself in the head with the bat.
I appreciate it. Fortunately, I don't attach any real meaning to the references and implications. But it does get sort of tiring too.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't really care what is said about me but the continuous attacks on a mate get to me.
I do appreciate that. I also appreciate the ignore feature. I wasn't keen on using it, since I should be seeing what gets posted, but in both cases I've currently engaged, I was letting it get the better of me. Especially the discussions that I would classify as "ancient" nonsense.

If people aren't interested in what I post, then why waste time on what they post. I'm all the better for it.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm saddened to report that I recently discovered that Carey Mulligan is married. I'll have to take her off my list of potential love interests. Of course, one may wonder how I expect to woo British celebrities I've never met and don't know I exist. But that's just details.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I do appreciate that. I also appreciate the ignore feature. I wasn't keen on using it, since I should be seeing what gets posted, but in both cases I've currently engaged, I was letting it get the better of me. Especially the discussions that I would classify as "ancient" nonsense.

If people aren't interested in what I post, then why waste time on what they post. I'm all the better for it.

I feel the same but sometimes I can't help myself lol

But you are right about the "ancient" nonsense, that is a lost cause.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
1729130769251.jpeg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Again in this thread - to those who torture me with food I can't eat
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose
May an elephant caress you with his toes
May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"​

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That's why this may be my favorite thread. We play with fun nonsense, but can interject some serious issues into it on a different level than outside this thread.

I still want to get a thread going where you can only speak in song titles or lyrics but I'm unsure what the rules would be. Or more likely, I'm lazy and it seems like too much effort.