• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Most Frightening Thing (for me)...

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have to admit it -- it's quite possible that Trump could win, and regain his presidency.

Now, my personal opinion is that this would be absolutely horrible for the U.S., and for many other countries in the world. I've discussed all that at length, and that's not the point of this thread, so no more of that.

What frightens me most is this: as a lover of -- and strong believer in -- democracy, I will have to accept that a Donald Trump win would be the right outcome! That all my fears aside, it would be the best way forward for the United States, at this time in its history.

I confess, this is going to be a hard pill to swallow -- but gag as I might, I will swallow it.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You are being kind. It wll be catastrophic. I predict Trump will be little more than a superficial executive and allow the deranged cabinet to run with all their extremist agendas. The devortation of migrants will lead to massive produce and meat inflation. His using the DOJ to go after anyone he thinks is his enemy will lead to many in politics and media to face legal actions despite no wronging doing. The elimination of certain departments like education will result in some states, mostly red states, to scamble to finance education. There will certainly be an effort of ban abortion, if they have the senate and the house. If they have the senate but not the house by a few seats they can sabotage the lives of a number of democrats so that they can't participate in certain votes for bills. We can't underestimate the criminality and corruption of Trump and his administration. If it can be imagined, it will likely hapepn. Who could stop them? Who could be a check on their power if they exploit the executive office with suport from the SCOTUS?

The social instability will lead to economic collapse. And no doubt putin will ask Trump to withdraw from NATO. Europe will be on its own and have to spend more on defense, and their own fiscal stability will suffer. Ukraine will likely fall to Russia and neighboring states will then worry about what putin wants. With the USA is essence out of the picture Russia could do quite a bit of damage to the global stability that the world has enjoyed since 1990.

All because poorly informed and irrational citizens voted for a disburbed criminal.

Pogo

I have to admit it -- it's quite possible that Trump could win, and regain his presidency.

Now, my personal opinion is that this would be absolutely horrible for the U.S., and for many other countries in the world. I've discussed all that at length, and that's not the point of this thread, so no more of that.

What frightens me most is this: as a lover of -- and strong believer in -- democracy, I will have to accept that a Donald Trump win would be the right outcome! That all my fears aside, it would be the best way forward for the United States, at this time in its history.

I confess, this is going to be a hard pill to swallow -- but gag as I might, I will swallow it.
Maybe it is like the 12 step alcoholism trope where you can't begin to recover until you hit bottom.
Of course mathematically that is rather a trivial statement.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You are being kind. It wll be catastrophic. I predict Trump will be little more than a superficial executive and allow the deranged cabinet to run with all their extremist agendas. The devortation of migrants will lead to massive produce and meat inflation. His using the DOJ to go after anyone he thinks is his enemy will lead to many in politics and media to face legal actions despite no wronging doing. The elimination of certain departments like education will result in some states, mostly red states, to scamble to finance education. There will certainly be an effort of ban abortion, if they have the senate and the house. If they have the senate but not the house by a few seats they can sabotage the lives of a number of democrats so that they can't participate in certain votes for bills. We can't underestimate the criminality and corruption of Trump and his administration. If it can be imagined, it will likely hapepn. Who could stop them? Who could be a check on their power if they exploit the executive office with suport from the SCOTUS?

The social instability will lead to economic collapse. And no doubt putin will ask Trump to withdraw from NATO. Europe will be on its own and have to spend more on defense, and their own fiscal stability will suffer. Ukraine will likely fall to Russia and neighboring states will then worry about what putin wants. With the USA is essence out of the picture Russia could do quite a bit of damage to the global stability that the world has enjoyed since 1990.

All because poorly informed and irrational citizens voted for a disburbed criminal.
And yet, if we claim to adhere to democracy, won't we have to accept it? I can't think of a way not to be a hypocrite otherwise.

F1fan

Veteran Member
And yet, if we claim to adhere to democracy, won't we have to accept it? I can't think of a way not to be a hypocrite otherwise.
Democrats and ethical republicans happen to be the only one's who value election results, even if the result is a threat to the future of America, and even global security. Those who want to see Trump as president can't show sound thinking in their choice, and their desires seem to be similar to drug addicts who have to hit bottom before they realize they have a problem. The dilemma is that they take the rest of us down with them.

Clizby Wampuscat

This is a sickness. You cannot see truth through your hate. It is sad. All you have is incoherent bizarre conjecture.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is a sickness. You cannot see truth through your hate. It is sad. All you have is incoherent bizarre conjecture.
My what irony.

The difference between your claim and mine is that I actually have evidence and a chorent explanation. You just have you accusations and zero evidence. I'm not sure why you guys continue to embarrass yourselves over and over again.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You know that there is a great deal we think you can't see, also, don't you? I mean, we've been watching and paying attention to what the candidates are actually saying and doing on a daily basis, and we're pretty darned sure that if you were seeing it -- really seeing it -- you'd know where our fear of a Trump return, and now with the near-absolute immunity granted by a stuffed SCOTUS, comes from.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Unlike the Trumpists, I doubt any significant number of Democrats will be wailing as to a stolen election, as Trump and his coterie of fanatics did, if he does win. But then, many of the right-wing inclined to illegal actions will not learn from this but simply think that democracy is for wimps - as Trump appears to think, and that victory is everything. I'm glad I live in a less fractious country.

According to the research, conservatives exhibit stronger anti-democratic attitudes than liberals, and this difference can be partially explained by psychological traits, specifically right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.

“In the United States and several other countries, democracy is at risk, and the threat is largely coming from the political right, especially the far right.”

The study also examined attitudes toward the January 6, 2021, insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. Among Republicans, 27.5% expressed positive feelings toward the insurrectionists, compared to just 5.96% of Democrats. Both Republicans and Democrats who approved of the insurrectionists were higher in right-wing authoritarianism than their fellow partisans who disapproved.

Edited as to recent article.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I will be immensely relieved if Trump wins which avoids a colossal disaster in the making with those who support a complete idiot who can't even think of a plan or knows what she's doing domestically and internationally. For her there's nothing but to run and hide when things get tough, and the tough issues that will undoubtedly face the office of president.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent

The flip side of this catastrophic outcome thrust on the entire world because of the way poorly informed irrational citizens voted would be what? Can we get a detailed synopsis of that outcome, also?

stvdv

Veteran Member
Maybe it is like the 12 step alcoholism trope where you can't begin to recover until you hit bottom.
Of course mathematically that is rather a trivial statement.
Bingo ...

People have to realize that a root cause of violence is "Religions believing their Religion is Superior". They are far more destructive than Atheism or Dharmic Religions (all who follow Dharma, righteousness).

Exclusive Religions fuel anger and hate

Wirey

Fartist
Trump is going to win. The polls are clear, and Hillary had a bigger lead. Prepare yourselves for the next chapter of the Salem Witch Trials.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The flip side of this catastrophic outcome thrust on the entire world because of the way poorly informed irrational citizens voted would be what? Can we get a detailed synopsis of that outcome, also?
There is expert analysis in many publications. I guess you are admitting of being one of those poorly informed people out there making decisions that affect our nation and global affairs. That's why Trump has so much support:
Bad judgment by poory informed citizens.

Let me help you do the homework you should be doing yourself as a citizen

F1fan

Veteran Member
Trump is going to win. The polls are clear, and Hillary had a bigger lead. Prepare yourselves for the next chapter of the Salem Witch Trials.
If that happens it will be similar to drug addicts who don't know (or admit) they have a problem and have to hit bottom. The thing is they will drag the rest of us with them. If Trump does haif the things in the two agrendas it will cause so much instability that the economy and normal life will collapse. If Trump gets elected I predict a lot of buyer's remorse from many who forgot how bad he was in his first term.

Clizby Wampuscat

I will be immensely relieved if Trump wins which avoids a colossal disaster in the making with those who support a complete idiot who can't even think of a plan or knows what she's doing domestically and internationally. For her there's nothing but to run and hide when things get tough, and the tough issues that will undoubtedly face the office of president.
Yeah, Kamala has accomplished nothing on her own and wants to play VP but has done nothing as VP.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
There is expert analysis in many publications. I guess you are admitting of being one of those poorly informed people out there making decisions that affect our nation and global affairs. That's why Trump has so much support:
Bad judgment by poory informed citizens.

Let me help you do the homework you should be doing yourself as a citizen

I am a skeptical thinker, also. It was the "All because" statement you made that I was compelled to contribute with the inquiry.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yeah, Kamala has accomplished nothing on her own and wants to play VP but has done nothing as VP.
You do know that American VPs actually have very little power, don't you? And you are aware that Presidents don't tend to allow them much to brag about. As George W Bush said to Dick Cheney, "remember, Vice, I'm the decider." Or as the song by Tom Lehrer, about Lyndon Johnson's VP, "Whatever became of Hubert?"

And outside of the Senate Chamber, and only when there's a floor tie, the Veep's vote counts for nothing.

Are you suggesting that she should have staged a coup against Biden, a sitting President? Would you like her better then?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That's what everybody is saying now she has the power to do a lot of stuff she said she's going to do but never does it , so her presidency will be no different and people are noticing that.

Today she has not explained anything about what she's going to do nor what she's about.
All she does is rail on about doing this and that , but never ever explains how she's going to go about it , and has demonstrated the complete inability to explain anything.